Re: March 2008 SIKM Call: John McQuary and Tara Keithley - Fluor's Knowvember Campaign #monthly-call #success-stories

john.mcquary@...

Valdis,

Sorry for the late replies, I was out for a few days last week.

Yes, we do look at the ripple effect, as well as the potential impact of
backfilling with a less experienced individual, especially in the case of
poaching. Another consideration is that when a bridge/liaison leaves,
he/she takes the strong relationships which may lead to further poaching.
For that reason, we have implemented a number of retention mechanisms for
some of these key individuals.

Regards,
John

|---------+--------------------------------->
| | Valdis Krebs |
| | <valdis@orgnet.com> |
| | Sent by: |
| | sikmleaders@yahoogrou|
| | ps.com |
| | 03/19/2008 10:21 AM |
| | Please respond to |
| | sikmleaders |
|---------+--------------------------------->
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| |
| |
| To|
| sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com |
| cc|
| |
| Subject|
| Re: [sikmleaders] Today's telconf on FLUOR's KM success stories |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

John,

Do you look at individual loss, or the ripple effects also? A key
player leaves and all connected to him/her are also affected...
especially if the person was a bridge/liaison.

Valdis

On Mar 19, 2008, at 10:43 AM, john.mcquary@fluor.com wrote:

A second challenge is loss of knowledge due to retirements and
poaching. We are introducing a knowledge loss risk assessment to help
address the pending retirements. Loss due to poaching remains a
challenge.