Re: Information Foraging #search

Dennis Thomas

Thanks Lee,

Maybe we can talk about this when we meet on during the Feb 6 Michigan KM luncheon. Our group is actually making a presentation on this very issue in Port Huron at 8:30am.   So far, it looks like a problem that is on a lot of people’s minds.

Most people can grasp the idea of ERP systems (the integration of multiple single purpose applications), but the idea of Knowledge EcoSystems is difficult to grasp because most people don’t really understand what knowledge is.

Dennis

Most people are calling me directly to RSVP.

Dennis L. Thomas
IQStrategix
(810) 662-5199

Leveraging Organizational Knowledge

On January 28, 2020 at 11:38:03 AM, Lee Romero (pekadad@...) wrote:

Thanks for sharing that, Dennis!

Your write-up reminded me also of this related write-up from the Nielsen Norman group: https://www.nngroup.com/articles/information-foraging/

As I am "neck deep" in enterprise search issues, challenges and improvements I find the ideas behind information foraging to be a very useful way to think of the problems users face in getting to the information they need (whether they decide to use search or not).

Thanks again!
Lee Romero

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 4:32 PM Dennis Pearce <denpearce@...> wrote:
My department at work got into a little discussion last week on Information Foraging Theory.  We were thinking about it in terms of content and community management so I wrote up a blog post on the topic.  Here is a link for any who may be interested:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/information-foraging-dennis-pearce/

Dennis