Thank you to everyone who participated in the call today! My notes from the call are attached. Here is a summary (detailed notes are attached).
Introduced first Community Champion volunteers – Ivan Butina and Aprill Allen are our first champions! They will be champions for May and June.
Introduced the KM Collection to the community - This Collection is intended to help the KM professional community better find and use relevant information on knowledge and collaboration. The group sounded very interested in giving the KM Collection a try. Link to the Getting Started section of the KM Collection
Discussed ideas on “Navigating Knowledge to the User”
- Examples of Navigating knowledge to the user
- Ivan Butina shared ideas using Pocket that were considered by World Bank. This sounded like a similar approach to the KM Collection
- Jean-Claude Monney talked about the need for KM to help the world (specifically the World Economic Forum) synthesize and organize content related to Covid-19 (state of Covid-19, treatments, vaccination progress, cultural challenges…)
- Adriaan Jooste supported Jean-Claude’s ideas on Covid-19. Adriaan also shared ideas being implemented in Deloitte to provide consultants information at point-of-need via an internally developed solution called DFlow
- Examples of signals we can tap into to intuit user needs
- Tom Dennis shared a vision he is working on to go beyond data/document classification to getting to semantic approaches. We need systems that help us make sense out of the information we have.
- Kate Pugh shared a vision around connecting independent information and data sources together – to derive new insights. So much of what we have is in disconnected silos.
- Jean-Claude Monney – Agreed that we are flooded with information and need systems to help us make sense of it.
Video recordingAudio recordingRelated threadKeeeb