Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

Cindy Young

Thank you to all who responded with all of the great ideas for this course. I think I am good for now.  It got me really thinking a lot about this course today and I have a solid plan forward.

Regards,
Cindy

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 4:29 PM Cindy Young via groups.io <cjbutler97=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello!  I am creating an online KM course for beginning professionals on their KM journeys.

I am starting it off with some history on KM (for instance, Polanyi, Nonaki), basics on tacit and explicit dimensions, terminology: knowledge sharing, transfer, creation, knowledge sharing networks/CoPs, and knowledge mapping,..but I just don't want to get too deep since this is a beginners course.  I will be doing videos for it with pdf transcripts. I would also like to highlight some of the more experienced people in KM in video interviews for this course.

  • I haven't decided on how many modules I will have, but what do you consider are the most essential ideas beginning KM professionals may be looking for to do their jobs?
  • What concepts for beginners would best help them get set up for success?
Thank you for any and all feedback!

Regards,
Cindy

Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSSMBB, CMQ/OE