Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

Srividya Harish

Thanks Cindy, I am in the process of putting together a resource pack on Knowledge Management for all our staff and partners. Please share any resources that you can, keeping in mind copyright issues that you think wil be useful to general staff and not KM practitioners.

Regards
Srividya

On Tue, May 26, 2020, 22:13 Cindy Young <cjbutler97@...> wrote:
Thank you very much, Srividya. I think this is the hardest part about teaching a big topic like KM is to remember back when you started and what the real questions were. This list is very helpful.

Regards,
Cindy

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 10:50 AM Srividya Harish <chsrividya@...> wrote:
Hi Cindy

This is what I would have found useful when I just started out.
1. What is KM and why do we need it?
2. What are some popular models approaches
3. What is the role of a knowledge manager, what skills are needed?
4. How to align KM efforts to organisational mission
5. Making a case on KM for C suite
6. What is full cycle KM and how do I implement it? Or different elements of KM
7. tools, methods, templates etc to implement KM
8. Where to look for support - networks, books, websites....
9. What successful KM looks like - case studies....

Hope this helps

Regards
Srividya Harish
Knowledge Curation and Systems Advisor
ActionAid International

On Tue, May 26, 2020, 19:46 Cindy Young <cjbutler97@...> wrote:
Thank you, Krishna!

Regards,
Cindy

On May 26, 2020, at 9:01 AM, Paudel <kpaudel.np@...> wrote:

Dear Cindy,

Best of luck. The contextual materials and case study are more important.

Best,
Krishna

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 2:14 AM Cindy Young <cjbutler97@...> wrote:
Hello!  I am creating an online KM course for beginning professionals on their KM journeys.

I am starting it off with some history on KM (for instance, Polanyi, Nonaki), basics on tacit and explicit dimensions, terminology: knowledge sharing, transfer, creation, knowledge sharing networks/CoPs, and knowledge mapping,..but I just don't want to get too deep since this is a beginners course.  I will be doing videos for it with pdf transcripts. I would also like to highlight some of the more experienced people in KM in video interviews for this course.

  • I haven't decided on how many modules I will have, but what do you consider are the most essential ideas beginning KM professionals may be looking for to do their jobs?
  • What concepts for beginners would best help them get set up for success?
Thank you for any and all feedback!

Regards,
Cindy

Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSSMBB, CMQ/OE
CJ Young Consulting https://www.cjyoungconsulting.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/drcindyyoung/

Krishna Prasad Paudel
Skype: paudel_k, Twitter: twitter.com/paudel05

--
Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSS MBB, CMQ/OE