Re: Knowledge mapping #mapping

John Kirk Browning

It looks like this could be applied in two ways.
1. Mid-career person has been laid off. Needs to promptly come up with a plan for
how what they already know can be mapped to a new in-demand career. What are
the characteristics of what I know, what I have done, who I have been? What are the
characteristics of who I am becoming, what it looks like I could do, what will I need to
know? How do I traverse the journey of the gaps?

2. Person(s) not necessarily possessing all the skills of a creator/inventor/engineer
perceives a need, problem to solve. Perceives that the next new thing can require
knowledge not necessarily possessed by anyone so creativity often involves learning.
They do a similar mapping as in #1.

Comments?

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 8:03 AM Mila Malekolkalami via groups.io <Mila_malek_1365=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Dennis,
Thank you for your help and advice
It was really helpful. Thank you a million.🌷

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 6:28 PM, Dennis Thomas
<dlthomas@...> wrote:
Hello Mila,

The solution to your challenge might be a simple as a PowerPoint Knowledge Project Overview Map.  We call them Modeler’s Maps because our domain modelers first identify where the knowledge is, then how it flows through the organization, then how that knowledge is aligned (before and after, if required) so that your organization's goals and objectives are met.

The one page example will get you started.  In this case, you are looking at (1) a Fortune 100 Performance-based Training and Development system that is based on a planning, analysis, assessment, design, development, implementation, and continuous improvement system.  Credit goes to Guy Wallace, Eppic, Inc.  We developed the following TEMPLATE on our IQxCloud knowledge system with Guy.  Since you have access to the real-world model, you should be able to piece together the rest.  Small companies can implement this system early-on and grow with it

(2) Depending on your design & drawing expertise, attached is a far more sophisticated example of a Modeler’s Map.  This particular project included the development of a Knowledge EcoSystem that included 78 US Science and Technology Laboratories (1990s).  Most now shutdown.  It use to be that governments and large organizes stored their knowledge in Science and Technology Labs, i.e. in the brains of scientists and engineers.  As technology advanced, the human brain library system evolved into our current technologies, most of which are sorely lacking from a highly contextualized knowledge ecosystem point-of-view.

I hope this helps?

Dennis L. Thomas
IQStrategix
(810) 662-5199

Leveraging Organizational Knowledge

On May 29, 2020 at 8:22:24 AM, Mila Malekolkalami via groups.io (mila_malek_1365@...) wrote:

Hi everyone
Hope you are fine and safe.
I hope you can help me with knowledge mapping.
I have to make a knowledge map for the petrol organization in my country. But unfortunately there aren't any good and complete examples that can help me. There aren't many companies or organizations which have provided their knowledge maps. So to prepare a perfect K map I need a real sample and then I need to show all possible information on my K map.
I have searched on the Net but I couldn't find what I need. Will you please guide me or if it is possible, send me a real knowledge map with necessary information on it?
I would really appreciate.

Thanks
Mila

--