Re: Knowledge mapping #mapping

Raquel Balceiro

Hi, Milla,

Some years ago, I had the pleasure to make a lecture about my company's case on Knowledge Mapping in APQC's KM Conference. I work for Petrobras, an oil and gas company in Brasil.  I'm sending to you the White Paper and the presentation.

If you need to go deep in any point, feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

Raquel Balceiro

Em sex., 29 de mai. de 2020 às 10:42, Dennis Thomas <dlthomas@...> escreveu:

Hello Mila,

The solution to your challenge might be a simple as a PowerPoint Knowledge Project Overview Map.  We call them Modeler’s Maps because our domain modelers first identify where the knowledge is, then how it flows through the organization, then how that knowledge is aligned (before and after, if required) so that your organization's goals and objectives are met.

The one page example will get you started.  In this case, you are looking at (1) a Fortune 100 Performance-based Training and Development system that is based on a planning, analysis, assessment, design, development, implementation, and continuous improvement system.  Credit goes to Guy Wallace, Eppic, Inc.  We developed the following TEMPLATE on our IQxCloud knowledge system with Guy.  Since you have access to the real-world model, you should be able to piece together the rest.  Small companies can implement this system early-on and grow with it

(2) Depending on your design & drawing expertise, attached is a far more sophisticated example of a Modeler’s Map.  This particular project included the development of a Knowledge EcoSystem that included 78 US Science and Technology Laboratories (1990s).  Most now shutdown.  It use to be that governments and large organizes stored their knowledge in Science and Technology Labs, i.e. in the brains of scientists and engineers.  As technology advanced, the human brain library system evolved into our current technologies, most of which are sorely lacking from a highly contextualized knowledge ecosystem point-of-view.

I hope this helps?

Dennis L. Thomas
IQStrategix
(810) 662-5199

Leveraging Organizational Knowledge

On May 29, 2020 at 8:22:24 AM, Mila Malekolkalami via groups.io (mila_malek_1365@...) wrote:

Hi everyone
Hope you are fine and safe.
I hope you can help me with knowledge mapping.
I have to make a knowledge map for the petrol organization in my country. But unfortunately there aren't any good and complete examples that can help me. There aren't many companies or organizations which have provided their knowledge maps. So to prepare a perfect K map I need a real sample and then I need to show all possible information on my K map.
I have searched on the Net but I couldn't find what I need. Will you please guide me or if it is possible, send me a real knowledge map with necessary information on it?
I would really appreciate.

Thanks
Mila