Re: Podcasts - COVID-19 misinformation, prototyping and art #podcast #COVID-19

Dan Ranta

Rahul - I recently did a podcast on Zoom and it worked well.  It's only audio.  The interviewer was in California and I was in Guatemala City.    The podcast is live now and available on iTunes, Spotify, etc.  It's 31 minutes of me talking about KM as was sponsored / facilitated by BA Insight - a search firm that wanted to have a KM-related podcast.  In the process here's what I learned:

- The preparation was important.  We had a 30 minute call prior where I learned what the sponsor wanted me to contribute
- I sent some good background and previous publications to the podcast facilitator - Peter Wright
- What I learned was that the facilitator is the key person.  Pete was truly world class - very smooth in how he navigated the discussion.  He made it very easy and effective
- I think the audio-base technology you use can be nearly anything - I used a simple Apple earpiece with a microphone.

Dan

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 10:14 AM Rahul Lama <rlama1990@...> wrote:
Hi Matt,

Really enjoyed the podcast with Prof Axel and Dr. Timothy. I too would like to experiment with creating podcasts as a way of KM sharing in my organization.

I just wanted to know how did you record your session - face to face or online (Skype/Zoom/Hangouts) or Call? What tools/software do you use for recording your talks and for editing? Anything I need to keep in mind while creating my own podcasts?

Regards,
Rahul Lama