Re: Reference resources, case studies about managing tacit knowledge? #case-studies #definition

Mirna Lessinger

I definitely appreciate this discussion, and I agree with your perspective. The question then becomes, how does one determine the scope of the knowledge that can be made explicit? Is there a way to measure that to determine the percentage of knowledge that we should try to capture-or not? In my experience, a SME on X technical product would say that it's not possible to capture ANY knowledge and that new team members will need to spend 6+ months learning about the product, understanding how it works, figuring out how to solve X use case (e.g., "I have a customer trying to do X with Y and Z products (or more) that use A, B, C configuration...") where all the variables can have N combinations and various outcomes.