Re: KM ROI #question #value

Murray Jennex

we statistically validated the following set of KM success measures:

Impact on business processes (6 measures):
1.         Improved the efficiency of the supported processes
2.         Reduced costs for the supported business process
3.         Positive return on investment for the supported processes
4.         Improved the effectiveness of the supported processes
5.         Improved decision making in the supported processes
6.         Improved resource allocation in the supported process
Impact on KM Strategy (4 measures):
1.         Changes to the organization’s KM goals
2.         Creation or modification of knowledge related key performance indicators (KPIs)
3.         Changes to the way the organization assessed knowledge use in the organization
4.         Changes in the organization’s incentives for using and sharing knowledge
Leadership/Management Support (4 measures):
1.         Increased verbal/political support for KM by top management
2.         Increased financial support for KM by top management
3.         Increased awareness of KM by top management
4.         Increased use/reliance on KM by top management
Knowledge Content (3 measures)
1.         Increased use or intention to use of knowledge content
2.         Increased identification of needed knowledge content and knowledge content sources
3.         Increased demand and/or searching for knowledge content

thanks....murray jennex,