Re: Counter-intuitive finding regarding one's personal social network #jobs #SNA-ONA-VNA

Tom Short <tman9999@...>

Thanks, all, for your thoughts, pointers and insights. The
Granovetter work was especially illuminating and helpful. Hadn't
heard of him before - very helpful pointer.

So that pretty much clears up my question. Now I find myself
wondering how many of the job search agencies are aware of these
findings, and incorporate the conclusions into their "how to"
materials on networking for job seekers. I haven't seen anything
about "weak ties" being so valuable. Interesting!