Julien, welcome to the community, and thanks for your post!
Here are my answers. I hope that other members will also respond.
>Where can I find a beginner guide to KM?
- Recommended Sites, Books, Blogs, Newsletters, Consultants, and Thought Leaders
- KM Books
- Learning about the field of Knowledge Management
- 10 Ways to Build Expertise in Knowledge Management
- Implementing a Successful KM Program
>Does anyone know of a solid KM glossary?
- This article contains links to multiple glossaries: Defining knowledge management: Toward an applied compendium by John Girard and JoAnn Girard
- Glossary of Knowledge Management by Olivier Serrat
- Glossary of terms used in competitive intelligence and knowledge management by Vernon Prior
- Knowledge Management Glossary by Karl Wiig and Elisabeth Wiig
- Knowledge Management Glossary by APQC
- Knowledge Management Glossary by Reid G. Smith
- A glossary of terms associated with Knowledge Management technologies and solutions by the Delphi Group
- Knowledge Management (KM) Glossary by The International Foundation for Information Technology (IF4IT)
- Glossary of Knowledge Management and Capacity Development by Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
- 100 Knowledge Management Specialties, 50 KM Components, and 50 Alternative Names for KM by Stan Garfield
>Is there any literature on the most effective models of online communication, i.e., how to structure an email, a web page, how to layout information so it is ingested in the correct manner?
- Articles about Communications
- User Interface, User Experience & Usability for Knowledge Management
>I can consult the archives of the SIKM mailing list, however private emails, chats and such other material are inaccessible to me.
- This is why I redirect queries sent privately to me to this open community. I prefer to answer questions here rather than in private exchanges. This allows others to also benefit, and allows for others to also provide answers.