Kaplan, Bill <bill.kaplan@...>

Sounds reasonable

William S. Kaplan, CPCM

Chief Knowledge Officer

Acquisition Solutions, Inc.

(w) 703.253.6313

(c)  571.238.9878

"Knowledge at Work"

The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message, and then delete it from your computer.

From: sikmleaders@... [mailto:sikmleaders@...] On Behalf Of Albert Simard
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 14:37
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: Re: [sikmleaders] Making SIKM Presentations More WidelyAvailable

This idea is intriguing from a number of perspectives.  I suspect that APQC sees this as a way to gain access to a rich body of content and perhaps some profile by linking to a world-class body of KM expertise.  On the other hand, SIKM might be able to benefit from not worying about day-to-day logistics and it might gain a high-profile platform for any products that it chooses to produce.

First some caveats:

• Control of SIKM activities would have to remain with the group.
  • Membership would have to remain the prerogative of SIKM, regardless of APQC affiliation. 
  • Intellectual property should remain with SIKM.
  • Access should be at the discretion of SIKM (again, regardless of APQC affiliation). 

I see none of these limitations as onerous or deal-breaking.

Now the benefits for SIKM:

• Eliminating the cost and effort of running SIKM
  • Providing a platform for disseminating products that we may wish to product from time to time. 
  • Endorsement of SIKM's work.  Any of us can distribute KM material via the web, as I have.  However that makes it just personal opinion, as an authored document or peresentation.  If, however, the material were incorporated into a SIKM product and distributed by APQC, it weould have notably more prestige.
  • I may be reiterating Bill's views somewhat less eloquently, but who knows - SIKM could end up as a case study for social networking success!  

Al Simard

Join main@SIKM.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.