Re: Making SIKM Presentations More Widely Available #APQC

Peter Dorfman <pdorfman@...>

I think the other members have put it pretty well. I'd say go for it. I might
even feel moved to blog.

Hey....how many of you Twitter? I've just tried it for the first time. I suppose
there might be lots of people who really need to tweet, have a practical reason
for it, but I don't, as a function of what I do, so it left me feeling just a
bit, how shall I put this...narcissistic? Have you ever had that feeling about
any of these Web 2 gimmicks?

Peter Dorfman

On Wed Jul 2 13:45 , 'Stan Garfield' <stangarfield@...> sent:

APQC has offered to play a larger role in supporting the SIKM Leaders
Community. This could include con call logistics, providing wider
access to presentations, and providing a blog platform.

Before agreeing to any of this, I wanted to ask the members for their
views. If you agree, disagree, or have other suggestions on this topic,
please reply to this thread. No decisions will be made without first
notifying the members.

Regards,
Stan

--- In sikmleaders@..., Bill Kaplan wrote:
I would suggest considering a multiple set of candidate sponsors if
this
is the approach taken.

--- In sikmleaders@..., Mike Koffman wrote:
Stan, if you put all these presentations together you will have a nice
book of readings. Perhaps that is something to consider. Over time,
quite a bit of intellectual capital has passed through this community.
A volunteer committee might pick the "best" offerings and seek to get
release permission from the authors. Perhaps an APQC-sponsored
publication? The nice idea to me is the concept of a publication
emanating from a an on-line virtual community.

Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)