Re: Teaching knowledge management as a discipline in schools #schools

Arthur Shelley

Moria,

I am no aware of KM being taught in any Australian schools, but I am not that close to the national curriculum.

However, I am pleased to say that there is more interdependent social learning starting to creep into the curriculum (slowly). It is not as significant as what Finland are doing, but at least progressing in the right direction.

Whilst this is not “teaching KM and knowledge related fields” as such. It is becoming more about experiential learning and social cocreation of knowledge as an experience. This is what we can all benefit from doing ore of , including in the KM profession.

I have shared some thoughts on this in my recent article on Reverse Bloom Learning Framework. Although designed for postgraduate learning mainly - it can be applied to earlier learning I believe with some adaptation (mainly around prior knowledge requirements).

https://coming.gr/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/2_December2020_JEICOM_FINAL_Arthur-W-Shelley.pdf

Regards

Arthur Shelley

Principal: www.IntelligentAnswers.com.au

Founder: Organizational Zoo Ambassadors Network

Mb. +61 413 047 408  Twitter: @Metaphorage

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/arthurshelley/

Author: KNOWledge SUCCESSion  Sustained performance and capability growth through knowledge projects

Earlier Books: The Organizational Zoo (2007) & Being a Successful Knowledge Leader (2009)