Re: Teaching knowledge management as a discipline in schools #schools

Arthur Shelley

Moria,

I am no aware of KM being taught in any Australian schools, but I am not that close to the national curriculum.

However, I am pleased to say that there is more interdependent social learning starting to creep into the curriculum (slowly). It is not as significant as what Finland are doing, but at least progressing in the right direction.

Whilst this is not “teaching KM and knowledge related fields” as such. It is becoming more about experiential learning and social cocreation of knowledge as an experience. This is what we can all benefit from doing ore of , including in the KM profession.

I have shared some thoughts on this in my recent article on Reverse Bloom Learning Framework. Although designed for postgraduate learning mainly - it can be applied to earlier learning I believe with some adaptation (mainly around prior knowledge requirements).

https://coming.gr/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/2_December2020_JEICOM_FINAL_Arthur-W-Shelley.pdf

Regards

Arthur Shelley

Principal: www.IntelligentAnswers.com.au 

Founder: Organizational Zoo Ambassadors Network

Mb. +61 413 047 408  Twitter: @Metaphorage

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/arthurshelley/

Author: KNOWledge SUCCESSion  Sustained performance and capability growth through knowledge projects

Earlier Books: The Organizational Zoo (2007) & Being a Successful Knowledge Leader (2009)

From: main@SIKM.groups.io <main@SIKM.groups.io> On Behalf Of Moria Levy
Sent: Sunday, 24 January 2021 4:06 AM
To: main@SIKM.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SIKM] Teaching knowledge management as a discipline in schools

thank you all for your answers. Of course additional replies are welcomed.
When teaching high school students:
a. There is a great emphasize on skills, approaches and tools.
b. The examples and iseas are translated to their world- teaching presonal KM, knowledge retention of the their grandparents and family traditions, social media and knowledge sharing among youngsters, etc.
c. To those interested, details can be found at: info-data-knowledge and Curriculum. They learn about 1000 hours in the first two years around KM and at the last year run a major research/project on one of the three disciplines. Of course if there are any further questions- you can address me.
I am writing a case study research on the program to be published next year, but my interest on simlar programs is not limited to this research. So if you hear about some such program in the future- posting will be appreciated, and if one is starting to push a KM/Data Analysis/Information program in his or her country and want to consult... do not hesitate and be in touch.
Moria

Join main@SIKM.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.