Generations #generations

Yao Ge

There is a huge generation gap on "braing thrashing threshold". Gen-Y seems to be able mutli-tasking much more effectively than older generations (like me).

From: sikmleaders@... [mailto:sikmleaders@...] On Behalf Of dkkildebeck@...
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 7:15 PM
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: Re: [sikmleaders] Making SIKM Presentations More Widely Available

Oh yes, Twitter. Tried it.....here's my feelings about it:

From: Peter Dorfman

I think the other members have put it pretty well. I'd say go for it. I might
even feel moved to blog.

Hey....how many of you Twitter? I've just tried it for the first time. I suppose
there might be lots of people who really need to tweet, have a practical reason
for it, but I don't, as a function of what I do, so it left me feeling just a
bit, how shall I put this...narcissistic? Have you ever had that feeling about
any of these Web 2 gimmicks?

Peter Dorfman

On Wed Jul 2 13:45 , 'Stan Garfield' <stangarfield@gmail.com> sent:

>APQC has offered to play a larger role in supporting the SIKM Leaders
>Community. This could include con call logistics, providing wider
>access to presentations, and providing a blog platform.
>
>Before agreeing to any of this, I wanted to ask the members for their
>views. If you agree, disagree, or have ! other s uggestions on this topic,
>please reply to this thread. No decisions will be made without first
>notifying the members.
>
>Regards,
>Stan
>

>--- In sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com, Bill Kaplan wrote:
>> I would suggest considering a multiple set of candidate sponsors if
>this
>> is the approach taken.
>

>--- In sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com, Mike Koffman wrote:
>> Stan, if you put all these presentations together you will have a nice
>> book of readings. Perhaps that is something to consider. Over time,
>> quite a bit of intellectual capital has passed through this community.
>> A volunteer committee might pick the "best" offerings and seek to get
>> release permission from the authors. Perhaps an APQC-sponsored
>> ! publica tion? The nice idea to me is the concept of a publication
>> emanating from a an on-line virtual community.

> Your email settings:
> Individual Email | Traditional
>
> To change settings online go to:
> (Yahoo! ID required)