Re: SIKM Peer Assist - Lessons Learned Delivery - January 25, 2021 #lessons-learned #peer-assist

Arthur Shelley

Yes True Tom,

Chatham House Rules is a good system and totally dependent on Trust.

Highlighting this “condition” (expectation) helps people to affirm they agree to honour that trust through their participation and subsequent actions. This is a good example of the intangibles involved in our conversations and knowing what can be shared and what can’t be, based on the other “rules” placed upon us (by our other stakeholders – such as our employers and partners).

That said, there is so much more that can be said when you know and trust that Chatham House Rules is applied (and more importantly, you trust they will be adhered to).

Regards

Arthur Shelley

Principal: www.IntelligentAnswers.com.au

Founder: Organizational Zoo Ambassadors Network

Mb. +61 413 047 408  Twitter: @Metaphorage

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/arthurshelley/

Author: KNOWledge SUCCESSion  Sustained performance and capability growth through knowledge projects

Earlier Books: The Organizational Zoo (2007) & Being a Successful Knowledge Leader (2009)

From: <main@SIKM.groups.io> on behalf of Arthur Shelley <arthur@...>
Date: Sunday, January 24, 2021 at 4:51 AM
To: "main@SIKM.groups.io" <main@SIKM.groups.io>

Tom,

This is a great initiative and I wish I could have joined you (apologies for not being part of it).

I am sure that you will create value for David and all involved in the session.

The experience of sharing knowledge to help others (through activities like Peer Assist) is a great demonstration of what can be achieved when people openly share knowledge. It not only brings tangible actions for the beneficiary, it bring a range of intangible benefits like connection, relationship, trust and a sense of contribution.

These cannot be bought, only given and received by people in mutually beneficial trusted relationships.

Enjoy!

Author: KNOWledge SUCCESSion  Sustained performance and capability growth through knowledge projects

Earlier Books: The Organizational Zoo (2007) & Being a Successful Knowledge Leader (2009)