Re: Knowledge Manager Position—Job Search in the time of COVID #discussion-starter #jobs #COVID-19 #remote-work

Abbe Wiesenthal

Dear Dennis, thanks so much for your thoughtful response. I think many people in addition to me will find this advice helpful.

My voluntary severance package came with 90 days of outplacement services which I took full advantage of. I have indeed been working my network as much as possible but it's funny: my experience seems to be bucking the trend! That is to say, I've not gotten interviews for jobs for which I had an internal referral (either formal or informal) but have gotten interviews for resumés sent as what I call "cold uploads". I know that's not the norm. I have around 1,300 LI connections but am always expanding the list and looking for connections to a particular company when appropriate.

I agree with you 100% about the resume software; one of the members of this forum has kindly offered their feedback already. I have a "base" resume that I tweak for each job application; this also makes it easy to track which jobs I've applied for and when by filename.

Re: your comment about a blog: I have created a Confluence Space in which I've published my articles and experience around KM. If you like I can send you an invite since I cannot make the site public under an individual license agreement.

On a side note, I have a blog where I promote independent bookstores, books and authors around the world at www.angryalgonquin.com.

I would like to extend my thanks to everyone who has reached out to me on gmail or Linkedin. So generous and so welcome!