Re: CILIP - Is anyone thinking about taking up the KM chartership and what about consultants? #certification #consulting

Stephen and Patrick--

This subject resurfaces regularly.  I can share two Linked In articles I posted on certification in KM and why it cannot yet exist.  The articles share many of your points.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/practically-speaking-does-professional-certification-knowledge-bill/?msgConversationId=6655859548450013185&msgOverlay=true

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/km-iso-standard-progress-towards-accredited-bill-kaplan/?msgConversationId=6655859548450013185&msgOverlay=true

Training organizations offer “certification” but in reality the “certification” is a certificate demonstrating completion of offered training. While there may be personal value in taking the training it is not certification around a body of knowledge.

best

Bill

Learn more about the solutions and value we provide at www.workingknowledge-csp.com