Re: Knowledge Management Maturity Baseline #maturity #institutionalization

Cindy Young

Coffee is an excellent idea everyday!  :-)

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 8:40 AM Gordon Vala-Webb <gvalawebb@...> wrote:
I have looked at the report in detail - but the methodology looks pretty suspect to me.

1) Survey size: They surveyed only 1,000 "employees." They don't report on the characteristics of the sample size, the population they are trying to measure (all employees everywhere?), and no mention of reliability / accuracy. So I would argue you can't make use of any of their numbers as representative of anything.

2) Survey structure: Their understanding of KM seems to be lacking - or they have a particular approach in mind that they want to further. For example - they asked if people would "prefer to work for an organization where employees share their unique work knowledge with each other." Maybe that unique knowledge is wrong / outmoded? Maybe that knowledge shouldn't be shared but baked in to the work process? Maybe there is other, better, knowledge to be had - that this 'unique' knowledge is simply the tip of the iceberg.

Feeling a bit grumpy (obviously) - so off for another coffee.
--
Gordon Vala-Webb
Building Smarter Organizations