From: Elizabeth Winter <elizabeth.winter@...>
To: main@SIKM.groups.io <main@SIKM.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Apr 13, 2021 5:58 am
Subject: Re: [SIKM] Knowledge Management Maturity Baseline #guidelines #institutionalization #maturity

Hi, Gordon—

And as others have mentioned, APQC is a great source for info. on KM best practices. They offer members a maturity assessment your organization can perform to benchmark and complete once a year to assess your KM maturity.
Knowledge Management Capability Assessment Tool | APQC

Also, this study just published by Spiceworks / Ziff Davis may be of use. It is the one I’ve been looking for, for years: RE4MDJC (microsoft.com) Commissioned by Microsoft (in service of promoting their new SharePoint Syntex and Viva Topics products), it contains this “killer stat” (p. 12) I’ve been using with my organization to promote the strategic importance and business value of Knowledge Management:

Hope this helps!
Lizzi
LIZZI WINTER
Knowledge Management Program Manager

3333 Piedmont Road, NE | Suite 1000 | Atlanta, GA 30305