Thank you, Gavin! Really helpful!

Best,
Ninez

On 16 Apr 2021, at 09:33, Gavin Chait <whythawk@gmail.com> wrote:

´╗┐Hi Ninez

I wrote this for the Bank a few years ago: Technical assessment of open data
platforms for national statistical organisations
https://documents.worldbank.org/en/publication/documents-reports/documentdet
ail/744241468334210686/technical-assessment-of-open-data-platforms-for-natio
nal-statistical-organisations

The objective was to build out open data publication technical capacity, and
provide a standards benchmark. There's also the Open Data Readiness
Assessment initiative http://opendatatoolkit.worldbank.org/en/odra.html

The results from open data initiatives have been mixed (my own project
experiences ranging from the amazing, to the frustratingly hostile), but it
helps to remember where even the Bank was a decade ago. Data management has
gone from randomly-structured spreadsheets released at random intervals to
random schemas and metadata definitions, to a global movement for structure,
accessibility and consistency in a relatively short period of time, all
without it being in the least bit of a sexy subject.

Regards

Gavin

Gavin Chait is a data scientist and development economist at Whythawk.
uk.linkedin.com/in/gavinchait | twitter.com/GavinChait | gavinchait.com