Re: Generations #generations

Yao Ge

Don Burke (the 2nd guy from right in the panel) mentioned the 69 Yr-old guy with 30,000 edits was trying to do everything with wiki.
-Yao

From: sikmleaders@... [mailto:sikmleaders@...] On Behalf Of Steve Ardire
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 1:53 PM
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: Re: [sikmleaders] Twitter

Yao I attended E2.0 conf and this session. Did you know that the #1 contributor to Intellipedia is a 69 year old guy ;)

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 6:58 AM, Ge, Yao (Y.) <yge@...> wrote:

Very insightful Mark. When I brought up the issue of generation gap, I mean to bring attention to gaps in habits and comfort levels to different types of media people leverage to stay connected to each other. It is not that much about multi-tasking vs. single tasking and shallow thinking vs. deep thinking. We need both skills preferably and someone would thrive in one vs. the other. One of the KM goal to bring all these type talents together via all available channels that they are on. There is no stereotyping on old generations. I do think the brains get wired differently in younger generation and workplace needs to be ready to leverage it.

Here is the video achieve for Enterprise 2.0 Conference
The Enterprise 2.0 Reality Check panel discussion is the 3rd from the top. The two guys sat at the right end of the panel are from CIA. They worked on Intellipedia project.

-Yao

From: Peter Dorfman <pdorfman@knowfarm.com>
Subject: Re: [sikmleaders] Making SIKM Presentations More Widely Available
To: sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 11:13 PM

I think the other members have put it pretty well. I'd say go for it. I might
even feel moved to blog.

Hey....how many of you Twitter? I've just tried it for the first time. I suppose
there might be lots of people who really need to tweet, have a practical reason
for it, but I don't, as a function of what I do, so it left me feeling just a
bit, how shall I put this...narcissistic ? Have you ever had that feeling about
any of these Web 2 gimmicks?

Peter Dorfman