Re: Evolving collaboration plan/solution to KM strategy/implementation #case-studies #innovation #collaboration #startup #engagement

Hello Sukhy - It’s hard to for me to recommend prescribe something to help startups per your description for a couple of reasons:

1. A “startup” within an existing government agency operates under a different set of constraints than an actual startup.
2. I am not aware of any KM tools for specifically used for startups. You might check out Agile techniques, like Scrum, though, as that may be quite relevant to support a startup within a government agency.
3. KM does not exist as a solution in isolation to a business need. It’s not like, say, email. There are dozens if not hundreds of tools and techniques that fall under the heading of KM. In order to create a solution, you first need to define a business need, goal or challenge. From there you define current state including systems, culture/behavior, roles, org structure, etc, and what the challenge is in terms of those. And then you can begin to explore various types of KM intervention that might be relevant.

Good luck with your quest.
--
-Tom
--