Generations #generations

Ken Martin <Ken.Martin@...>

On the lighter side of generation Alpha and Omega:

Architects, generals, sailors, pilots, operators of complex equipment, astronauts, engineers, soldiers, and many others have all been multi-tasking for generations.

One may even refer to cave people hunting while guarding against predators as the beginning of multi-tasking. Eat or be eaten is a takes multi-tasking to another level for anyone.

Today we associate ‘multi-chatter’ with multi-tasking.  Does getting 1/8 of 8 different conversations = a whole conversation?

Thumbs typing bullets

Bits of info spread across the group

Messages streaming

Leaves much to interpretation

Busy responding?

Must save time

Use symbols <(:>)

Abbrv.

2  fab cool & qik 4 me

Share KM @ any TM

U   2  can RSVP in multpl

Twiddle thumbs a twittering we will go

Now harvesting, understanding, sharing, and retaining knowledge in this environment is going to be very interesting.

Ken Martin

Tacilent Corporation

Office: (214) 257-7880

From: Peter Dorfman com>

I think the other members have put it pretty well. I'd say go for it. I might
even feel moved to blog.

Hey....how many of you Twitter? I've just tried it for the first time. I suppose
there might be lots of people who really need to tweet, have a practical reason
for it, but I don't, as a function of what I do, so it left me feeling just a
bit, how shall I put this...narcissistic? Have you ever had that feeling about
any of these Web 2 gimmicks?

Peter Dorfman

On Wed Jul 2 13:45 , 'Stan Garfield' <stangarfield@gmail.com> sent:

>APQC has offered to play a larger role in supporting the SIKM Leaders
>Community. This could include con call logistics, providing wider
>access to presentations, and providing a blog platform.
>
>Before agreeing to any of this, I wanted to ask the members for their
>views. If you agree, disagree, or have ! other s uggestions on this topic,
>please reply to this thread. No decisions will be made without first
>notifying the members.
>
>Regards,
>Stan
>

>--- In sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com, Bill Kaplan wrote:
>> I would suggest considering a multiple set of candidate sponsors if
>this
>> is the approach taken.
>

>--- In sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com, Mike Koffman wrote:
>> Stan, if you put all these presentations together you will have a nice
>> book of readings. Perhaps that is something to consider. Over time,
>> quite a bit of intellectual capital has passed through this community.
>> A volunteer committee might pick the "best" offerings and seek to get
>> release permission from the authors. Perhaps an APQC-sponsored
>> ! publica tion? The nice idea to me is the concept of a publication
>> emanating from a an on-line virtual community.

> Your email settings:
> Individual Email | Traditional
>
> To change settings online go to:
> (Yahoo! ID required)