Making SIKM Presentations More Widely Available #APQC

Douglas Weidner

Stan,

I've been meaning to make a suggestion to the SIKM group for some
time, but just wasn't able to get around to it.

The APQC invite and our recent progress at the KM Institute has
caused me to step forward now to introduce the following way to
leverage the SIKM IP.

As many know, the KM Institute has developed a robust KM
Certification training program over many years and has recently
converted it to an interactive video, e-learning format as well.
(Samples can be seen on our site at www.kminstitute.org) The e-
learning has been so well received, we are now about to launch the
next phase of our KM Training strategy – a complete curriculum of KM
courses by actual KM practitioners such as the folks in this
community.

Some of the group, or the entirety, may want to consider an
alternative and/or complementary approach at this juncture.

The KM institute has the methods – rapid development methodology, the
technology – authoring programs, and the means – video studio, to
create some meaningful and relevant instructional content for the KM
profession.

There are many ways to pursue this, from an organized anthology of
past contributions (instead of a book or other collection of selected
writings by various authors, a collection of e-learning modules by
various authors"), to some individuals, or groups of individuals (Co-
Authors) stepping forward to handle some major domain such as CoPs,
KM Performance Metrics, SNA, KM Change Management, Content Mgmt,
Personal KM, etc., etc.

Let's chat. If anyone wants to do that offline, I can be reached at
douglas.weidner@kminstitute.org.

Douglas Weidner, eCKM Mentor™
Chairman, International Knowledge Management Institute
Best in KM Training & Certification
Home of the KM Body of Knowledge™
www.kminstitute.org
703-757-1395