Re: Need Help with Onboarding #knowledge-retention #onboarding

Murray Jennex

Lydia, I sent another post with my advice but wanted to emphasize something I said in that post.  My research on new members is that they won't read the materials, they want to talk to people.  My finding was that new members want to learn the context and culture of the organization and the package doesn't do that and I'm not sure one can be created that does.  I suggest using mentors.....murray

-----Original Message-----
From: Lydia Jamenya <lydia.jamenya@...>
To: main@SIKM.groups.io <main@SIKM.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Jul 6, 2021 12:58 am
Subject: [SIKM] Need Help with Onboarding

Dear KMers,

I need help with putting in place and onboarding and OffBoarding package for a large organisation.

I work for an organisation that has over 1000 staff, and where there are usually many reassignments. The problem is that, while we have a package, it is over 20 pages, which means new people don’t take the time to read it when they come to the country. Any advise on how this can be improved? We also don’t have an offboarding process that helps us retain knowledge from people leaving, any advice on how to go about this? Any insights will be highly appreciated.

Lydia

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments is intended for specific individuals or entities, and may be confidential, proprietary or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete this message and do not disclose, distribute or copy it to any third party or otherwise use this message. The content of this message does not necessarily reflect the official position of the World Food Programme. Electronic messages are not secure or error free and may contain viruses or may be delayed, and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences. The sender reserves the right to monitor, record and retain electronic messages.