Re: Need Help with Onboarding #knowledge-retention #onboarding

Barbara Fillip

Apologies if this was already suggested.  I confess I have not read every message in this thread.
New employees get all kinds of information and even training and in my experience, they are eager to explore available internal training opportunities.  What they often lack, however, is a long-term approach to learning on the job.  Too often, the definition of on-the-job learning in organization is a variation on training on the job.  I would like to see more emphasis on guiding people towards an effective approach to personal knowledge management within the context of a broader organizational KM framework.  It's both personal/individual, and it needs to be somewhat tailored to the organizational context.  If an organization doesn't have a formal mentoring program, there may still be opportunities to find an informal mentor or systematically reach out to more senior people as a personal growth strategy and to accumulate knowledge about the company a little faster.
Best,
Barbara Fillip

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 3:58 AM Lydia Jamenya <lydia.jamenya@...> wrote:

Dear KMers,

I need help with putting in place and onboarding and OffBoarding package for a large organisation.

I work for an organisation that has over 1000 staff, and where there are usually many reassignments. The problem is that, while we have a package, it is over 20 pages, which means new people don’t take the time to read it when they come to the country. Any advise on how this can be improved? We also don’t have an offboarding process that helps us retain knowledge from people leaving, any advice on how to go about this? Any insights will be highly appreciated.

Lydia

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments is intended for specific individuals or entities, and may be confidential, proprietary or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete this message and do not disclose, distribute or copy it to any third party or otherwise use this message. The content of this message does not necessarily reflect the official position of the World Food Programme. Electronic messages are not secure or error free and may contain viruses or may be delayed, and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences. The sender reserves the right to monitor, record and retain electronic messages.