Re: MS Teams Attendance Tracking and GDPR #tools

John Antill

For attendance the simplest one is to get the chat history in teams.
John Antill
M.S. KM
MCKM, CKS IA KT
Kent State MS KM Advisory Board Member
256-541-1229

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 10:18 AM Kim Glover via groups.io <kim.glover=technipfmc.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

I wanted to take a moment to share my appreciation for this group. It is a rich resource and a perfect example of knowledge-sharing and collaboration, a "giant brain" full of KM knowledge, exploration, curiosity, innovation and lessons learned. Stan, your leadership in getting it started and keeping it going is nothing short of awesome. Thank you, Stan, and thank you to each person who shares here, either with a question that will benefit many of us when we see the answers pour in, an answer that sheds light on hot topics or a discovery we can all learn from. I am a quiet connoisseur of your brilliance, and will endeavor to contribute more.

And now, I have a specific question. Global Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) can sometimes prevent the use of certain features in tools, because the features collect 'personal data'. For those who are using Office 365 Teams, have any of you turned on the feature that allows the tracking of attendance, and if so, did you take any specific steps to ensure compliance with GDPR requirements? Any information you could share about how you made the decision to turn on this feature, how you deployed it and the change management approach would be appreciated.

Once again, thank you to everyone.

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.