Re: Ontology #taxonomy

I am also finishing a podcast with Seth where we talk about the book and Taxonomy/Ontology/AI. 

If interested, we can push it to this group. It is a great discussion about how you get support in your organization for projects that are somewhat ambiguous but critical for success  

On Friday, July 30, 2021, 14:35, Jane Dysart <jane@...> wrote:

And here’s Seth’s discussion about the book and those topics in the Dysart & Jones Nexter Chat!

https://dysartjones.com/2020/07/organizing-data-information-with-ai/

Enjoy!

From: main@SIKM.groups.io <main@SIKM.groups.io> On Behalf Of Seth Earley
Sent: July 30, 2021 2:20 PM
To: main@SIKM.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SIKM] Ontology #taxonomy

Martin,

My book – The AI Powered Enterprise – discusses ontologies in detail.  Bit Rambusch, head of Global support Services and Knowledge Management at Dell (https://www.linkedin.com/in/bitrambusch/ )had this to say about the book:

----------------

As an executive working on #digitaltransformationstrategy, I would highly recommend Seth Earley's book. It has been a foundational element of our ability to learn, develop and implement strategies to support our acceleration of #personalization#artificialintelligence and #machinelearning at a global scale. Your infrastructure architecture strategy needs to be rock solid and in place if you expect to scale your capabilities! #knowledgemanagement #ai  ( https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6820845298915647489/ )
------------------- 

He had originally reached out to let me know it had specifically been helpful in communicating the role of ontologies to business leaders at Dell.  

If you would like to receive a copy, send a mailing address to seth@... and I will get one out to you. 

(I’ll make the same offer to the rest of the group but would need to limit to about 10 folks -in case there are a lot of requests.  Typically there are not so I am not too concerned… <smile>)

Seth

Seth Earley

CEO – Earley Information Science

AWARD WINNING AUTHOR of The AI-Powered Enterprise

Cell: 781-820-8080

Email: seth@...  

Web: www.earley.com

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sethearley

Available now

From: main@SIKM.groups.io <main@SIKM.groups.io> On Behalf Of Martin Dugage via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2021 2:52 PM
To: main@SIKM.groups.io
Subject: [SIKM] ontology #taxonomy

Dear SIKM members
In my company (Framatome - we design and build nuclear reactors), we are in the process of launching an "ontology initiative". The intent is to build a top level data model that could be used across many knowledge bases of the company as a standard classification structure. In essence, it is about building a set of about 20-30 homogeneous taxonomies, for example "company activity", "manufacturing process", "organization", "product", "method/tool" etc... where different classes would be related to one another, such as hereunder on a simple example.
The idea is of course to both to enforce better interoperabilty of our knowledge bases, and to improve collaboration across the company through the use of a common dictionary of metadata, tags and keywords.
In essence,it is about building Framatome's "lingua franca".
We have two issues with this project
A- very few people in my company understand the concepts of terminology, taxonomy, ontology, or knowledge graphs. So gathering a team of passionate people around such an initiative is hard, and we cannot have all the stakeholders involved.
B- we believe we need some form of coaching to facilitate our working group, chartered to develop a high-level ontology starting from a set of classification taxonomies that are often used inside the company, with of course some variations from one knowledge base to another.
So my question to you is: do you have a contact with a taxonomy/ontology consultant who could help run our various workshops ? And if this person could be based in France, Germany or the UK, it would be even better.
I look forward to your valuable advice.
Many thanks in advance, and warm regards,

Martin.

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join main@SIKM.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.