Re: List of Knowledge Management Topics #roles #KM101 #definition

Arthur Shelley

Agreed Patrick and Stan,

Knowledge sharing is about offering insights that may be helpful and this list is extremely helpful, especially for people new to the field. Anyone looking for a range of possible angles to address a Knowledge program will be well informed by the possibilities and concepts in the list.

As we ALL decisions anyone ever make, we should consider the shared information/data/insights/opinions and the evidence that support them. We should never just accept something at face value. Read, reflect, challenge, evaluate, cross check, consider who the original contributor(s) is/are and the context in which they developed/applied/adjusted the concept for and what the outcomes were.

It may be that something sensational for one context is neutral, or worse damaging in another.

However, knowing about it and critically assessing of it can be used or adapted to your context is what KM is about.

Sharing ideas with trust that they will be respected in a foundation of KM.

Showing who shared it and why adds credibility and provides the ability for the investigator to go back to the source is often helpful.

Thanks to everyone who shares insights here and elsewhere - it adds value.

Arthur Shelley

Principal: www.IntelligentAnswers.com.au

Founder: Organizational Zoo Ambassadors Network

Mb. +61 413 047 408  Twitter: @Metaphorage

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/arthurshelley/

Author: KNOWledge SUCCESSion  Sustained performance and capability growth through knowledge projects