Curation of SIKM Discussion Threads #Special #metadata #curation

Stan Garfield

When we changed the platform used by this community, we were able to preserve the entire history of our discussions. Thanks to Patrick Lambe for emphasizing the importance of doing so and to Susan Ostreicher for recommending that we migrate from Yahoo! Groups to Groups.io.

I recently finished curating all of the old discussion threads. This involved:
  1. Renaming some threads to make the topic more useful
  2. Ensuring all threads have at least one relevant hashtag
  3. Adding and removing hashtags from some threads
  4. Merging disconnected threads
  5. Splitting unrelated posts from threads
  6. Deleting some obsolete or irrelevant posts
  7. Editing some posts to fix broken links or to hotlink URLs
  8. Editing some hashtags
  9. Adding descriptions to some hashtags
  10. Deleting unused hashtags
I will continue doing this for all new threads. So you may observe that a topic is renamed, hashtags are added or removed, or that a post is edited to fix a link or correct a name.

If you come across old posts with any of these conditions, please let me know so I can correct them:
  • Broken links
  • URLs that are not hotlinked
  • Missing attachments
  • In the wrong thread
  • Should be combined with another thread
  • Should have a more descriptive topic
  • Should have an additional hashtag
  • Should have an irrelevant hashtag removed
  • Contain a misspelled name of a person or product
As of this post, here are some stats for our community:
  • 16 years of existence
  • 191 monthly calls
  • 985 members
  • 9,290 posts
  • 1,838 threads
  • 139 hashtags
Here is a list of hashtags with the number of threads for each one:
  1. #adoption 5 Threads
  2. #agile 4 Threads
  3. #AI Artificial Intelligence 19 Threads
  4. #analytics 12 Threads
  5. #APQC 14 Threads
  6. #art-of-KM 9 Threads
  7. #assessment 5 Threads
  8. #audit 7 Threads
  9. #awards 14 Threads
  10. #biz-dev Business Development - selling KM services 2 Threads
  11. #blogs 10 Threads
  12. #books 33 Threads
  13. #call-center Customer Support and KCS (Knowledge-Centered Service) 18 Threads
  14. #call-for Call for papers, presenters, or other content 48 Threads
  15. #case-studies 38 Threads
  16. #certification 11 Threads
  17. #collaboration 46 Threads
  18. #communications 6 Threads
  19. #conference-calls 3 Threads
  20. #conferences 75 Threads
  21. #consulting 22 Threads
  22. #content-management 32 Threads
  23. #conversation 9 Threads
  24. #CoP Community of Practice 82 Threads
  25. #COVID-19 35 Threads
  26. #culture 16 Threads
  27. #curation 7 Threads
  28. #cybersecurity 3 Threads
  29. #data-journalism 2 Threads
  30. #data-science 24 Threads
  31. #definition 21 Threads
  32. #design-thinking 6 Threads
  33. #discussion-starter 12 Threads
  34. #email 5 Threads
  35. #emotions 2 Threads
  36. #engagement 12 Threads
  37. #ESN Enterprise Social Network 16 Threads
  38. #expertise 22 Threads
  39. #expertise-location 18 Threads
  40. #extraction 2 Threads
  41. #future-of-work 7 Threads
  42. #gamification 8 Threads
  43. #gender 4 Threads
  44. #generations 4 Threads
  45. #Google 2 Threads
  46. #governance 28 Threads
  47. #guidelines 4 Threads
  48. #hot-topics 6 Threads
  49. #HR-OD Human Resources and Organization Development 6 Threads
  50. #humor 3 Threads
  51. #IC Intellectual Capital 6 Threads
  52. #information-architecture 4 Threads
  53. #information-overload 2 Threads
  54. #innovation 22 Threads
  55. #institutionalization 2 Threads
  56. #intranet 6 Threads
  57. #jobs 365 Threads
  58. #KM101 Basics of knowledge management 32 Threads
  59. #KMers Knowledge Management Practitioners 6 Threads
  60. #KMWorld 24 Threads
  61. #knowledge-cafè 11 Threads
  62. #knowledge-capture 7 Threads
  63. #knowledge-flow 4 Threads
  64. #knowledge-graph 3 Threads
  65. #knowledge-retention 16 Threads
  66. #knowledge-reuse 8 Threads
  67. #knowledge-services 9 Threads
  68. #knowledge-sharing 25 Threads
  69. #knowledge-transfer 24 Threads
  70. #leadership 11 Threads
  71. #lean-six-sigma 3 Threads
  72. #learning 87 Threads
  73. #lessons-learned 16 Threads
  74. #library 2 Threads
  75. #LinkedIn 2 Threads
  76. #local Events taking place in a specific location 54 Threads
  77. #mapping 11 Threads
  78. #maturity 20 Threads
  79. #maxim 2 Threads
  80. #mentor 3 Threads
  81. #metadata 13 Threads
  82. #methods 7 Threads
  83. #metrics 29 Threads
  84. #milestone Significant moments in SIKM history 12 Threads
  85. #mobile 4 Threads
  86. #monthly-call 206 Threads
  87. #motivation 15 Threads
  88. #name What to call the field of KM 6 Threads
  89. #onboarding 5 Threads
  90. #peer-assist 6 Threads
  91. #periodicals 22 Threads
  92. #personal Posts about specific people 39 Threads
  93. #PKM Personal Knowledge Management 4 Threads
  94. #podcast 29 Threads
  95. #poll 8 Threads
  96. #prediction-markets 2 Threads
  97. #process 2 Threads
  98. #profiles 4 Threads
  99. #project-management 3 Threads
  100. #proven-practice 3 Threads
  101. #question 24 Threads
  102. #ratings 5 Threads
  103. #remote-work 18 Threads
  104. #request 21 Threads
  105. #research 40 Threads
  106. #resources 9 Threads
  107. #roles 24 Threads
  108. #schools 5 Threads
  109. #search 15 Threads
  110. #selling 7 Threads
  111. #semantic 9 Threads
  112. #SF-Bay-Area San Francisco Bay Area KM Meetup Group 10 Threads
  113. #SharePoint Includes Microsoft 365 38 Threads
  114. #SNA-ONA-VNA Social/Organizational/Value Network Analysis 17 Threads
  115. #social-business 6 Threads
  116. #social-media 19 Threads
  117. #Special Posts about the SIKM Leaders Community 3 Threads
  118. #standards 16 Threads
  119. #startup 4 Threads
  120. #state-of-KM 23 Threads
  121. #storytelling Includes business narrative 7 Threads
  122. #strategy 30 Threads
  123. #success-stories 8 Threads
  124. #survey 46 Threads
  125. #taxonomy 22 Threads
  126. #thought-leaders 8 Threads
  127. #tools 54 Threads
  128. #transformation 3 Threads
  129. #trust 9 Threads
  130. #Twitter 4 Threads
  131. #usability 5 Threads
  132. #value Includes ROI (return on investment) 38 Threads
  133. #video 40 Threads
  134. #vision 11 Threads
  135. #webinar 36 Threads
  136. #wikis 21 Threads