Re: List of Knowledge Management Topics #roles #KM101 #definition

Alison Jones

Arthur, that is very well said.

Seeing the resources that others have found useful is something I really appreciate.

As knowledge managers, surely it can be assumed that we are capable of evaluating any information for its relevance to us and our situation.

I observe that one of the challenges of managing knowledge is that, while there are certain practices that apply to managing knowledge wherever you are, it is strongly driven by the context of the organisation in which you work. Sometimes that means adapting your practice to the organisation’s needs. Sometimes, that means bringing the organisation along for the ride as to why certain practices really should be undertaken in a particular way.

Knowing how to adapt what you know and evaluate what you read about KM to the needs of your organisation is a big part of being a good knowledge manager.

I don’t often contribute to SIKM but enjoy watching and reading the contributions of others.

Alison Jones
Knowledge Manager
Geoscape Australia
Unit 6, 113 Canberra Avenue
Griffith
ACT
2603
(02) 6260 9031
Alison.Jones@...
www.geoscape.com.au
Create a free account
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of PSMA Australia Ltd trading as Geoscape Australia ABN 23 089 912 710. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.  All outgoing emails and attached files are virus scanned, but we do not represent that this email and any attached files are free from computer viruses or other defects. Further, we do not accept any liability for any damage caused by this email or attachments.

Author: KNOWledge SUCCESSion  Sustained performance and capability growth through knowledge projects