Re: Workflow support of triage and sensemaking to ensure collected knowledge is reused #question #knowledge-reuse

Dennis Thomas

Hello Stan and Andrew,

I like the complexity of both questions because they go right to the heart of the KM challenge: "how does the workflow support triage and sensemaking to ensure collected knowledge is put to best use?  Would the process manager/regulator be a suitable stand-in for a Community/SME/Knowledge Manager?

Stan, your use of the term triage means that you are thinking about an ad hoc, in-the-moment, sorting of knowledge content to find lessons-learn knowledge. This means grouping content, as others have suggested, into rational categories related to workflows (here’s the situation, here’s the problem, here’s the solution), and being able to find and access that knowledge many times over, and hopefully, in multiple languages.

I am working on this problem now related to a patient triage assessment analysis tool that can answer the question for 77 triage potentialities.  It starts with the statement:  “I don’t feel well.”   This problem has two components.  First, I see the programming challenge as requiring a NO CODE solution so operations people and KM’ers can use common language and Controlled Vocabularies with a mouse to both find what they need and submit new lessons-learned and modifications of existing content..  And, secondly, it should require only a KM - oriented person, or a basic systems administrator to manage.

So far, it works.   Though having gone through the process, "I don’t feel very well.”  So you ask, “do I have a fever over 100º?   “No.”

The next question is, how is such a system integrated into workflow(s).  I have the solution for that as well, but would rather not mention anything until our programming staff has our version 3.0 tool ready for market - September 2021 they tell me?

Dennis L. Thomas
IQStrategix
(810) 662-5199

Leveraging Organizational Knowledge