Re: Workflow support of triage and sensemaking to ensure collected knowledge is reused #question #knowledge-reuse

Retha Prinsloo

Hi Bill,

I like the concept of info + experience as it can hopefully connect the potential user with the person/s who experienced and learnt from a situation.

We built a large knowledge portal a few years ago & recognized that the author or person who uploaded the documents or links to videos, were not necessarily the subject matter expert (SME). We thus created options to add the names of SMEs, both external persons or company names as well as employees' names. It was a solution built on MS SharePoint, so the status indicator made it easy for someone accessing the portal to click & reach out to an SME via an instant message or one of the other contact mechanism in the directory. The search indexing also indexed the metadata so searching for an SME name would retrieve content that did not necessarily include the person's name, but that was associated with the SME.

Please share some insights on the “Friction of Knowledge Transfer” facing knowledge users. I think all of us on this forum can learn from it.

Appreciated
Retha