Re: Workflow support of triage and sensemaking to ensure collected knowledge is reused #question #knowledge-reuse

Hey Retha!

Thank you for your interest in this.  Your perspective appreciated.

Quick Summary: Increasing context in knowledge transfer increases the opportunity for better understanding, application, and use/reuse.  For example, (top) F2F is very effective at communicating high level concepts and complexity, like between an SME/knowledge seeker whereas (bottom) search/find/repository access for a knowledge seeker could likely be less effective because the context of the learned lesson or insight might not be readily apparent nor understand. Interactive knowledge repositories, for example, with rich and varied content bridges the gap between F2F and repository challenges for real time collaboration and knowledge sharing particularly if sources of knowledge provided are detailed for follow up. This does not cover all scenarios but the concepts have proven valuable to clients over the years in demonstrating value creation from (one’s own) knowledge.

Glad to discuss this further if you wish.

Bill

Learn more about the solutions and value we provide at www.workingknowledge-csp.com