Re: Wiki #wikis

David Snowden <snowded@...>

Of course there is another solution - contribute to the Wikipedia pages on Knowledge Management, Community of Practice etc.  At the moment only a very small number of us look after those pages and I seem to spend most of my time removing commercial promotion and vandalism.

That way the contribution would be to the wider community, of course it would then be subject to scrutiny by a wider group of editors and might be less comfortable in consequence.

Dave Snowden
Founder & Chief Scientific Officer
Cognitive Edge Pte Ltd

Now blogging at www.cognitive-edge.com

On 26 Jul 2008, at 09:37, Arthur Shelley wrote:

I have been experimenting with wikis to facilitate collaborative behaviours between my MBA students.  They work together in their assignments to build an on line knowledge encyclopedia.  We are in the third iteration of this and the stand of work has got better with each iteration.  Just as I left Cadbury last year we were also “playing” with wikis to build collective tome of knowledge using internal experts from different parts of the world.

Certainly I would expect we could build a very interesting volume within this community.  The KM pages of Wikipedia are quite limited and could do with some updating as well.  Maybe there is a challenge for us.  I will contribute to our SIKM community next week.

Regards

Arthur Shelley
Author: The Organizational Zoo A Survival Guide to Workplace Behavior
www.organizationalzoo.com 
Ph +61 413 047 408

From: sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Lee, Jim
Sent: Saturday, 26 July 2008 7:39 AM
To: sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [sikmleaders] Re: Wiki

Thanks for the opportunity to weigh in. Interestingly, as Stan points out the ability of any SIKM member to lead a wiki is independent of a host source, such as APQC. A wiki is the perfect example of a true peer-to-peer app, as well as being one of the most visible open source tools as well. So while we use wikis within APQC, I think Stan’s guidance here to start one through the many sources available is the way to go. Good luck with it, and I hope we’ll be able to make useful contributions to it also.

Jim Lee, PMP

APQC

123 North Post Oak Lane

Houston, TX 77024

O: +1.713.893.7790   C: +1.216.338.3548

email: jlee@...

Yahoo, AOL, Skype IM: jimpmp2000

Windows Live Messenger: jimleesr@sbcglobal.net

text messaging: 2163383548@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Join main@SIKM.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.