Re: SIKM Wiki : retaining the highly reusable know-how #wikis

Susan Ostreicher

Hello Rachad,

Thank you for this suggestion. I'm interested to hear what others think.

I'm a big fan of wikis, and I think they can be an effective way for groups to collaborate. At the same time, I think the curation aspect is critical. Even if any member is capable of creating and editing pages, my feeling is that designing and maintaining a useful wiki would require at least one highly involved "owner".

Another risk I see is that copying and pasting discussion threads into a wiki could tend to duplicate content, without adding extra value. There might be other ways for a wiki to add value without duplicating. For example, maybe it could be used to summarize and group hashtags (since I think groups.io only lists these in alphabetical order.)

Again, this is my perspective based on past experience with wikis, and I'm interested to hear other opinions from this group.

Best,
Susan