From: sikmleaders@... [mailto:sikmleaders@...] On Behalf Of Patti Anklam
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 7:20 AM
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: RE: [sikmleaders] New poll for sikmleaders

I agree wholeheartedly with Andrew (and Dave). I had the same feeling as he did with the mention of the wiki.  Contributing to Wikipedia has been problematic for many of us, I think, for various reasons. Any successful wiki starts with a shared, articulated goal and common sense of purpose. What is that for this group?

A wiki for SIKM could be a place to do both as Andrew suggests (focus on how you can achieve the goals of KM) as well as an organizing tool (for people to declare their intentions to work on specific topic areas, make commitments, and manage the work).

/patti

Patti Anklam
Leveraging Context, Knowledge, and Networks

http://www.pattianklam.com
(978)456-4175