Re: New poll for sikmleaders - Create a wiki page? #wikis #poll

Yao Ge

correction - I meant to say "Wikipedia is NOT suited for discussion
and exchange of view points".

--- In sikmleaders@..., "Ge, Yao (Y.)" <yge@...> wrote:

I think one of the draw back of Yahoo Group is it is relatively
closed
participation in discussion. IMHO, we should have a team blogging
environment that each member can post topics of interest or ask a
question. The commenting of the blog post should be open to public
this
can potentially more effective as I have cases in the past that I
forwarded the discussion to my co-worker, they want to causally
join the
discussion but no signed up as member.

Wiki is a knowledge base that are made up with topics that are
contextually connected to each other (such as encyclopedia, or
glossary). The wiki are more effective blogs when we have a need to
co-author something (such as missions and objectives) or create
something that a lot more neutral (within the group) such as
summarizing
an interesting topic by compiling our past discussions. However it
can
also used with stronger individual authorship (such as Google
Knol). We
just need to anwser this question - what are we missing with the
current
threaded discussion forum? I don't think we should put everything
in
Wikipedia as it is suited for discussion and exchange of point of
views.
We should, however, at least create a entry in Wikipedia
definiting SIKM
group and reference to our community site(s).

I think no matter what we do, we should keep all contents within
one
site (or two the most) so that we don't create fragementation and
dilution to focus.

-Yao