Lessons Learned - Metadata #lessons-learned #metadata


I worked for 3 years in the British Army’s lessons team. We had multiple attributes added to our lessons from operations (Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya etc) but found the most effective to be keywords plus taxonomy codes.
Lessons were owned by the Army Capability Directorates (Training, Equipment, Personnel etc) and we added sub-categories to them for each of these. Then we added a code that indicated whether the issue at the heart of the lesson was:
1. New requirement 
2. Quantity issue of existing capability 
3. Performance issue of existing capability 
With over 2000 lessons under management and about 200 added every 12 months, we could identify themes and trends and underlying issues of which each individual lesson was merely a symptom.
Happy to discuss offline anytime.

Join {main@SIKM.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.