Date   

Re: Knowledge mapping #mapping

Aprill Allen
 

Thanks for sharing, Cindy!  I had mind mapping as a separate thing from knowledge mapping, but I can see the connection in terms of visualisation.


On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 11:47 AM Cindy Young <cjbutler97@...> wrote:
Aprill,

I recently (Dec 2019) had a mind mapping article published by IISE.  It can be found here: https://www.iise.org/iemagazine/2019-12/html/young/young.html

Regards,
Cindy

On May 27, 2020, at 9:39 PM, Aprill Allen <aprill@...> wrote:

Hi all,

FOr anyone who listened to @Christopher Parsons' recent call with APQC, you will have heard Cindy rave about the value of knowledge mapping and associating that activity with business processes.

Keeb turned up an old thread from 2013 on knowledge maps, but where are we at now? Are there tools you've started using that make this information gathering easier to do? Have you changed your approach in the years since then?



--

Aprill Allen
Founder and Managing Director | Knowledge Bird
Knowledge management consulting & KCS Training
KM Consulting & KCS Training
M: +61 (0)400 101 961
knowledgebird.com


Re: Knowledge mapping #mapping

Cindy Young
 

Aprill,

I recently (Dec 2019) had a mind mapping article published by IISE.  It can be found here: https://www.iise.org/iemagazine/2019-12/html/young/young.html

Regards,
Cindy

On May 27, 2020, at 9:39 PM, Aprill Allen <aprill@...> wrote:

Hi all,

FOr anyone who listened to @Christopher Parsons' recent call with APQC, you will have heard Cindy rave about the value of knowledge mapping and associating that activity with business processes.

Keeb turned up an old thread from 2013 on knowledge maps, but where are we at now? Are there tools you've started using that make this information gathering easier to do? Have you changed your approach in the years since then?



--

Aprill Allen
Founder and Managing Director | Knowledge Bird
Knowledge management consulting & KCS Training
KM Consulting & KCS Training
M: +61 (0)400 101 961
knowledgebird.com


Knowledge mapping #mapping

Aprill Allen
 

Hi all,

FOr anyone who listened to @Christopher Parsons' recent call with APQC, you will have heard Cindy rave about the value of knowledge mapping and associating that activity with business processes.

Keeb turned up an old thread from 2013 on knowledge maps, but where are we at now? Are there tools you've started using that make this information gathering easier to do? Have you changed your approach in the years since then?



--

Aprill Allen
Founder and Managing Director | Knowledge Bird
Knowledge management consulting & KCS Training
KM Consulting & KCS Training
M: +61 (0)400 101 961
knowledgebird.com


Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

Ginetta Gueli
 

Hello Cindy,
if I were a student I would like to speak with a professional which would bring his/her own practical experience on the field. And if I were a teacher I would like to see student's eyes truly interested and I personally think that KM professionals are the ones who can make this effect on them. This to say: invite someone from the field to share their experiences with all the winning points and the lessons learned, with all the celebration days and the 'tiers and blood' days a KM project/program can bring...better if these professionals are coming from different countries and/or continents as KM ctions might be slightly different due the local culture.
If you want support in that, just let me know.
Hope it helps.
Ginetta

Il 27.05.2020 17:44 Alice MacGillivray ha scritto:

I like your list Srividya.
Cindy: given that you’re looking for relevance and practical applications, might you include a mini project?
For example, you might provide a short list of typical organizational challenges, which might benefit from knowledge management approaches.  Student could work in teams, choosing one challenge and developing a draft tool or process?

Alice MacGillivray


--

Sentire la bellezza del fresco profumo della libertà che fa rifiutare il prezzo del compromesso morale, dell'indifferenza, della contiguità e quindi della complicità. Paolo Borsellino




Con Tiscali Mobile Smart 30 4G hai minuti illimitati, 100 SMS e 30 Giga in 4G a soli 8,99€ al mese. http://tisca.li/smart30


Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

Joel Muzard
 

I agree with that excellent suggestion !

Le 27 mai 2020 à 11:44, Alice MacGillivray <alice@4km.net> a écrit :

I like your list Srividya.
Cindy: given that you’re looking for relevance and practical applications, might you include a mini project?
For example, you might provide a short list of typical organizational challenges, which might benefit from knowledge management approaches. Student could work in teams, choosing one challenge and developing a draft tool or process?

Alice MacGillivray


Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

Alice MacGillivray <alice@...>
 

I like your list Srividya.
Cindy: given that you’re looking for relevance and practical applications, might you include a mini project?
For example, you might provide a short list of typical organizational challenges, which might benefit from knowledge management approaches. Student could work in teams, choosing one challenge and developing a draft tool or process?

Alice MacGillivray


Have a question for Stan? Post it here for his Midwest KM Symposium session tomorrow #question #conferences

 

Tomorrow, May 28, from 1-2pm EDT SIKM founder and KM thought leader Stan Garfield will be the featured guest at the Midwest KM Symposium, which this year is being held virtually via Zoom - so everyone is welcome to attend.

Stan will be on hand for a unique “Stump the Expert” Q&A session and I’ll be interviewing him and taking your questions on KM. I’d like to invite you all to post up your questions here - just reply to this thread. 

If you haven’t signed up for the Symposium yet, registration is free via this Google Form.

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow! 
--
-Tom
--

Tom Short Consulting
TSC
+1 415 300 7457

All of my previous SIKM Posts


Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

 

Hi Cindy

 

I taught the same course with Barbara at UMUC (now Univ of Maryland Global Campus).  I was frustrated by the text book we were forced to use because it focused so much on the academic and theoretical side and little on the practical and measurable application of concept and theory to real life business challenges and problems.  I could tell from the majority of students in my class that they were disconnected from what KM is and can be in use because of this mostly academic focus.  Granted, some basic understanding of KM history is needed,  but what the class really wanted, as do many clients when introduced to KM is what is the value of KM, how can it help in a specific situation (adapt to context), and why should I invest my time and organization resources in this.  Not all students were taking the course to focus as many were filling n academic requirement. This must also be considered. Interest in KM value can be developed. Perhaps case study format would be most effective combining concept and theory with practice as well as with KM problem and case simulation.

 

Best

 

Bill

 

 

  

 

Learn more about the solutions and value we provide at www.workingknowledge-csp.com

 

 

From: SIKM@groups.io <SIKM@groups.io> On Behalf Of Cindy Young via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 16:54
To: SIKM@groups.io
Subject: Re: [SIKM] Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #kmers

 

Hello, again, Barbara,

 

As I mentioned last night, I will be keeping it at a basic level with my target audience being professionals just starting in a KM career or people who just want to learn about KM basic in general.  I am not looking at the university audience or any certification. I have taught Project Management for three years at a local university, but also taught and led in the Navy. Both opportunities had a lot of KM applications so I thought creating this course would help to expose people to what KM is at a basic level and how to use it in their careers.

 

I agree about staying away from the abstract but do want to expose the participants to Polanyi and Nonaka for extremely small, introductory purposes. I am in total agreement with you on making this course as practical as possible.  I want to ensure that whoever is interested in this can benefit from it which is why I am focusing this course on the basic level for KM beginners or those who have an interest in it.  If this course goes well, I may create an intermediate course, but I figure this course will take me at least four months (just an estimate).

 

Thank you and I genuinely appreciate your input. I see a lot of similarities in our thinking about this. :-)

 

Regards,

Cindy

 

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 8:48 PM Barbara Fillip <barbara.fillip@...> wrote:

Hi Cindy,

The answer to your question probably depends on your target audience, including the participants' backgrounds and motivation to learn.  Is this class part of a program where they have to take this class to graduate or is it totally independent and the participants have selected this course?  Do they need to understand enough of KM to understand its value and potentially become KM champions within their organizations or do they need to understand enough of KM to become KM managers?  With one course, it's unlikely they will be adequately equipped to become KM managers, but there are lots of people in KM roles who have no specific KM education.  

 

I have taught KM online for undergrads in the past in a business/management program and I also teach KM to graduate students in a face-to-face workshop format for the Organization Development and Knowledge Management (ODKM) Program at George Mason University.  The syllabus is online, though if the course needs to be moved online in the fall, I will have to make adjustments.   Again, this syllabus was developed to meet a specific set of needs within a broader program.  I also created content for what was meant to be an online course on KM for project managers, with recorded mini-lectures and activities.  That's gathering virtual dust on my hard drive. 

 

Regardless of format or audience, I'd stay away from anything too abstract and theoretical.  Polaniy and Nonaka in small doses, explained, not just as readings, because in my experience, few students/participants will do any serious readings.  Keep it simple. My biggest mistakes in teaching KM have been around trying to do too much and making things too complex.  So, I'm going back to where I started this message.  You need to start with the students/participants and where they are.  Until you know who they are, how much they already know (or don't know) and why they are in the class, it's difficult to tell where to start and what to cover.  Make it as real, concrete, and practical as possible.  KM can be presented as a fluffy thing with a lot of kumbaya around the value of knowledge sharing and there are so many KM tools and techniques to present that it easily becomes overwhelming. 

 

Happy to discuss further once I have a better understanding of the target audience for the course and the online modalities. 

 

Best,

Barbara Fillip

 

 

 

 

 

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 4:29 PM Cindy Young <cjbutler97@...> wrote:

Hello!  I am creating an online KM course for beginning professionals on their KM journeys.

I am starting it off with some history on KM (for instance, Polanyi, Nonaki), basics on tacit and explicit dimensions, terminology: knowledge sharing, transfer, creation, knowledge sharing networks/CoPs, and knowledge mapping,..but I just don't want to get too deep since this is a beginners course.  I will be doing videos for it with pdf transcripts. I would also like to highlight some of the more experienced people in KM in video interviews for this course.

  • I haven't decided on how many modules I will have, but what do you consider are the most essential ideas beginning KM professionals may be looking for to do their jobs?
  • What concepts for beginners would best help them get set up for success?

Thank you for any and all feedback!

Regards,
Cindy

Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSSMBB, CMQ/OE
CJ Young Consulting https://www.cjyoungconsulting.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/drcindyyoung/ 


 

--

Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSS MBB, CMQ/OE


Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

Soha Radwan
 

Hello

I think it is important for beginners to know how to start and where to start. How to prepare a road map/ strategy/ approach and how to ensure it is linked to the core business. I believe examples from real life are the best way, as most of KM courses are theoretical.

Thanks
Soha

On Monday, 25 May 2020, 20:28:58 UTC, Cindy Young <cjbutler97@...> wrote:


Hello!  I am creating an online KM course for beginning professionals on their KM journeys.

I am starting it off with some history on KM (for instance, Polanyi, Nonaki), basics on tacit and explicit dimensions, terminology: knowledge sharing, transfer, creation, knowledge sharing networks/CoPs, and knowledge mapping,..but I just don't want to get too deep since this is a beginners course.  I will be doing videos for it with pdf transcripts. I would also like to highlight some of the more experienced people in KM in video interviews for this course.

  • I haven't decided on how many modules I will have, but what do you consider are the most essential ideas beginning KM professionals may be looking for to do their jobs?
  • What concepts for beginners would best help them get set up for success?
Thank you for any and all feedback!

Regards,
Cindy

Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSSMBB, CMQ/OE
CJ Young Consulting https://www.cjyoungconsulting.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/drcindyyoung/ 


Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

Srividya Harish
 

Thanks Cindy, I am in the process of putting together a resource pack on Knowledge Management for all our staff and partners. Please share any resources that you can, keeping in mind copyright issues that you think wil be useful to general staff and not KM practitioners.

Regards
Srividya

On Tue, May 26, 2020, 22:13 Cindy Young <cjbutler97@...> wrote:
Thank you very much, Srividya. I think this is the hardest part about teaching a big topic like KM is to remember back when you started and what the real questions were. This list is very helpful.

Regards,
Cindy

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 10:50 AM Srividya Harish <chsrividya@...> wrote:
Hi Cindy

This is what I would have found useful when I just started out.
1. What is KM and why do we need it?
2. What are some popular models approaches
3. What is the role of a knowledge manager, what skills are needed?
4. How to align KM efforts to organisational mission
5. Making a case on KM for C suite
6. What is full cycle KM and how do I implement it? Or different elements of KM
7. tools, methods, templates etc to implement KM
8. Where to look for support - networks, books, websites....
9. What successful KM looks like - case studies....


Hope this helps


Regards
Srividya Harish
Knowledge Curation and Systems Advisor
ActionAid International

On Tue, May 26, 2020, 19:46 Cindy Young <cjbutler97@...> wrote:
Thank you, Krishna!

Regards,
Cindy

On May 26, 2020, at 9:01 AM, Paudel <kpaudel.np@...> wrote:


Dear Cindy,

Best of luck. The contextual materials and case study are more important.

Best,
Krishna



On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 2:14 AM Cindy Young <cjbutler97@...> wrote:
Hello!  I am creating an online KM course for beginning professionals on their KM journeys.

I am starting it off with some history on KM (for instance, Polanyi, Nonaki), basics on tacit and explicit dimensions, terminology: knowledge sharing, transfer, creation, knowledge sharing networks/CoPs, and knowledge mapping,..but I just don't want to get too deep since this is a beginners course.  I will be doing videos for it with pdf transcripts. I would also like to highlight some of the more experienced people in KM in video interviews for this course.

  • I haven't decided on how many modules I will have, but what do you consider are the most essential ideas beginning KM professionals may be looking for to do their jobs?
  • What concepts for beginners would best help them get set up for success?
Thank you for any and all feedback!

Regards,
Cindy

Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSSMBB, CMQ/OE
CJ Young Consulting https://www.cjyoungconsulting.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/drcindyyoung/ 



--
----------------------------------------------
Regards,
Krishna Prasad Paudel
Skype: paudel_k, Twitter: twitter.com/paudel05



--
Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSS MBB, CMQ/OE


Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

Vijayanandam VM
 

Hi Cindy,

 All the best in your journey to create "online KM course for beginning professionals on their KM journeys"

 Trying to share my inputs .. trying to group them logically .. its possible topics can be appropriately mapped to your topics categorization.

 1. KM Purpose 

     * What is Knowledge, add 1-2 Examples 

     * Who gets benefited with this knowledge

     * Why Knowledge has to be managed ?

     

2. KM Governance

    * Benefits for the leadership, and their role as Sponsor for KM program

    * Role of key constituents in KM program

              (a) People :  Leadership, KM leaders, Functional leaders, Associates/end users 

    * KM Processes - Harvest, Find, Reuse, and Evangelize (Communicate)

    * KM Tools : Where and how to store knowledge, Most commonly used KM tools, Next Gen KM Tools          

    * Mechanism to measure "Knowledge" collected beneficial to the people, organization and leadership (ROI / Value)

 

3. KM Strategy & Execution 

   * Understand org needs, expectations and align

   * Create one page KM strategy - High level KM strategies and KM Tactical projects 

       - What is critical Knowledge

       - How to Harvest 

       - How to reuse - Pull vs. Push - Which approach is appropriate in the organization

           * Push : embedding reuse in organization DNA / methodology 

           * Pull : Good value content has its takers

   * KM projects Execution

    

4. KM Looking ahead - Align, Operate and Optimize

   * KM Maturity assessment

   * Ongoing review of the KM program

   * Improvements


You have already received lot of insights from other KM leaders.

many other inputs already provided .. would be happy to help once your outline is prepared..Hope this helps.

Thank You, & Stay Safe !!

Vijay

Vijayanandam V M

Director - Global Knowledge Management, Customer Success Blue Yonder Software | Mobile +91 988 68 38 923 | Office +91 80 6101 9777 | Vijay.VM@...



Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

Keith De La Rue
 

Cindy -
 
Just in case you don’t already have enough - here’s a link to a book chapter I wrote a while ago. It was published in TIMAF Information Management Best Practices – Volume 1. This is a step-by-step guide to building a KM team and program based on the work I did a few years ago. It may provide a useful structure for a practical application: Building and Maintaining a Knowledge Transfer Toolkit.

Regards,
 
 - Keith.
--------------------------------------------------------
Keith De La Rue
AcKnowledge Consulting
...acting on knowledge, communication and learning
email: keith@...
phone: +61 418 51 7676
--------------------------------------------------------


Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

Cindy Young
 

Thank you to all who responded with all of the great ideas for this course. I think I am good for now.  It got me really thinking a lot about this course today and I have a solid plan forward.

Regards,
Cindy

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 4:29 PM Cindy Young via groups.io <cjbutler97=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello!  I am creating an online KM course for beginning professionals on their KM journeys.

I am starting it off with some history on KM (for instance, Polanyi, Nonaki), basics on tacit and explicit dimensions, terminology: knowledge sharing, transfer, creation, knowledge sharing networks/CoPs, and knowledge mapping,..but I just don't want to get too deep since this is a beginners course.  I will be doing videos for it with pdf transcripts. I would also like to highlight some of the more experienced people in KM in video interviews for this course.

  • I haven't decided on how many modules I will have, but what do you consider are the most essential ideas beginning KM professionals may be looking for to do their jobs?
  • What concepts for beginners would best help them get set up for success?
Thank you for any and all feedback!

Regards,
Cindy

Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSSMBB, CMQ/OE
CJ Young Consulting https://www.cjyoungconsulting.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/drcindyyoung/ 



--
Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSS MBB, CMQ/OE


Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

Cindy Young
 

Hello, again, Barbara,

 

As I mentioned last night, I will be keeping it at a basic level with my target audience being professionals just starting in a KM career or people who just want to learn about KM basic in general.  I am not looking at the university audience or any certification. I have taught Project Management for three years at a local university, but also taught and led in the Navy. Both opportunities had a lot of KM applications so I thought creating this course would help to expose people to what KM is at a basic level and how to use it in their careers.

 

I agree about staying away from the abstract but do want to expose the participants to Polanyi and Nonaka for extremely small, introductory purposes. I am in total agreement with you on making this course as practical as possible.  I want to ensure that whoever is interested in this can benefit from it which is why I am focusing this course on the basic level for KM beginners or those who have an interest in it.  If this course goes well, I may create an intermediate course, but I figure this course will take me at least four months (just an estimate).

 

Thank you and I genuinely appreciate your input. I see a lot of similarities in our thinking about this. :-)

 

Regards,

Cindy


On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 8:48 PM Barbara Fillip <barbara.fillip@...> wrote:
Hi Cindy,
The answer to your question probably depends on your target audience, including the participants' backgrounds and motivation to learn.  Is this class part of a program where they have to take this class to graduate or is it totally independent and the participants have selected this course?  Do they need to understand enough of KM to understand its value and potentially become KM champions within their organizations or do they need to understand enough of KM to become KM managers?  With one course, it's unlikely they will be adequately equipped to become KM managers, but there are lots of people in KM roles who have no specific KM education.  

I have taught KM online for undergrads in the past in a business/management program and I also teach KM to graduate students in a face-to-face workshop format for the Organization Development and Knowledge Management (ODKM) Program at George Mason University.  The syllabus is online, though if the course needs to be moved online in the fall, I will have to make adjustments.   Again, this syllabus was developed to meet a specific set of needs within a broader program.  I also created content for what was meant to be an online course on KM for project managers, with recorded mini-lectures and activities.  That's gathering virtual dust on my hard drive. 

Regardless of format or audience, I'd stay away from anything too abstract and theoretical.  Polaniy and Nonaka in small doses, explained, not just as readings, because in my experience, few students/participants will do any serious readings.  Keep it simple. My biggest mistakes in teaching KM have been around trying to do too much and making things too complex.  So, I'm going back to where I started this message.  You need to start with the students/participants and where they are.  Until you know who they are, how much they already know (or don't know) and why they are in the class, it's difficult to tell where to start and what to cover.  Make it as real, concrete, and practical as possible.  KM can be presented as a fluffy thing with a lot of kumbaya around the value of knowledge sharing and there are so many KM tools and techniques to present that it easily becomes overwhelming. 

Happy to discuss further once I have a better understanding of the target audience for the course and the online modalities. 

Best,
Barbara Fillip





On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 4:29 PM Cindy Young <cjbutler97@...> wrote:
Hello!  I am creating an online KM course for beginning professionals on their KM journeys.

I am starting it off with some history on KM (for instance, Polanyi, Nonaki), basics on tacit and explicit dimensions, terminology: knowledge sharing, transfer, creation, knowledge sharing networks/CoPs, and knowledge mapping,..but I just don't want to get too deep since this is a beginners course.  I will be doing videos for it with pdf transcripts. I would also like to highlight some of the more experienced people in KM in video interviews for this course.

  • I haven't decided on how many modules I will have, but what do you consider are the most essential ideas beginning KM professionals may be looking for to do their jobs?
  • What concepts for beginners would best help them get set up for success?
Thank you for any and all feedback!

Regards,
Cindy

Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSSMBB, CMQ/OE
CJ Young Consulting https://www.cjyoungconsulting.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/drcindyyoung/ 



--
Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSS MBB, CMQ/OE


Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

Cindy Young
 

Thank you, Tom.  Yes, the SIKM team has really helped immensely!

Regards,
Cindy

On May 26, 2020, at 6:23 PM, Tom Short <tshortconsulting@...> wrote:

Just in case you don't already have enough material ;-) - I'll share what I have. 

Two book chapters I wrote back in the early days of KM for two different KM text books.
The first text book, Components of a Knowledge Strategy, isn't even showing up on Amazon. In 2000 I wrote a chapter called Components of a Knowledge Strategy: Keys to Successful Knowledge Management. (Link goes to my Google Drive for sharing - it's a PDF). 

The second text book, Knowledge Management Lessons Learned: What Works and What Doesn't, was published in 2002 and is available used on Amazon (click title). I wrote a chapter titled Knowledge Management in Action: Nine Lessons Learned. I've uploaded it here. The top reviewer on Amazon left a very nice compliment about this chapter. 
--
-Tom
--

Tom Short Consulting
TSC

+1 415 300 7457

All of my previous SIKM Posts

<2002 KM Chapter Reprint v2.pdf>


Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

 

Just in case you don't already have enough material ;-) - I'll share what I have. 

Two book chapters I wrote back in the early days of KM for two different KM text books.
The first text book, Components of a Knowledge Strategy, isn't even showing up on Amazon. In 2000 I wrote a chapter called Components of a Knowledge Strategy: Keys to Successful Knowledge Management. (Link goes to my Google Drive for sharing - it's a PDF). 

The second text book, Knowledge Management Lessons Learned: What Works and What Doesn't, was published in 2002 and is available used on Amazon (click title). I wrote a chapter titled Knowledge Management in Action: Nine Lessons Learned. I've uploaded it here. The top reviewer on Amazon left a very nice compliment about this chapter. 
--
-Tom
--

Tom Short Consulting
TSC

+1 415 300 7457

All of my previous SIKM Posts


Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

Cindy Young
 

Thank you very much, Srividya. I think this is the hardest part about teaching a big topic like KM is to remember back when you started and what the real questions were. This list is very helpful.

Regards,
Cindy

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 10:50 AM Srividya Harish <chsrividya@...> wrote:
Hi Cindy

This is what I would have found useful when I just started out.
1. What is KM and why do we need it?
2. What are some popular models approaches
3. What is the role of a knowledge manager, what skills are needed?
4. How to align KM efforts to organisational mission
5. Making a case on KM for C suite
6. What is full cycle KM and how do I implement it? Or different elements of KM
7. tools, methods, templates etc to implement KM
8. Where to look for support - networks, books, websites....
9. What successful KM looks like - case studies....


Hope this helps


Regards
Srividya Harish
Knowledge Curation and Systems Advisor
ActionAid International

On Tue, May 26, 2020, 19:46 Cindy Young <cjbutler97@...> wrote:
Thank you, Krishna!

Regards,
Cindy

On May 26, 2020, at 9:01 AM, Paudel <kpaudel.np@...> wrote:


Dear Cindy,

Best of luck. The contextual materials and case study are more important.

Best,
Krishna



On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 2:14 AM Cindy Young <cjbutler97@...> wrote:
Hello!  I am creating an online KM course for beginning professionals on their KM journeys.

I am starting it off with some history on KM (for instance, Polanyi, Nonaki), basics on tacit and explicit dimensions, terminology: knowledge sharing, transfer, creation, knowledge sharing networks/CoPs, and knowledge mapping,..but I just don't want to get too deep since this is a beginners course.  I will be doing videos for it with pdf transcripts. I would also like to highlight some of the more experienced people in KM in video interviews for this course.

  • I haven't decided on how many modules I will have, but what do you consider are the most essential ideas beginning KM professionals may be looking for to do their jobs?
  • What concepts for beginners would best help them get set up for success?
Thank you for any and all feedback!

Regards,
Cindy

Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSSMBB, CMQ/OE
CJ Young Consulting https://www.cjyoungconsulting.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/drcindyyoung/ 



--
----------------------------------------------
Regards,
Krishna Prasad Paudel
Skype: paudel_k, Twitter: twitter.com/paudel05



--
Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSS MBB, CMQ/OE


Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

Srividya Harish
 

Hi Cindy

This is what I would have found useful when I just started out.
1. What is KM and why do we need it?
2. What are some popular models approaches
3. What is the role of a knowledge manager, what skills are needed?
4. How to align KM efforts to organisational mission
5. Making a case on KM for C suite
6. What is full cycle KM and how do I implement it? Or different elements of KM
7. tools, methods, templates etc to implement KM
8. Where to look for support - networks, books, websites....
9. What successful KM looks like - case studies....


Hope this helps


Regards
Srividya Harish
Knowledge Curation and Systems Advisor
ActionAid International

On Tue, May 26, 2020, 19:46 Cindy Young <cjbutler97@...> wrote:
Thank you, Krishna!

Regards,
Cindy

On May 26, 2020, at 9:01 AM, Paudel <kpaudel.np@...> wrote:


Dear Cindy,

Best of luck. The contextual materials and case study are more important.

Best,
Krishna



On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 2:14 AM Cindy Young <cjbutler97@...> wrote:
Hello!  I am creating an online KM course for beginning professionals on their KM journeys.

I am starting it off with some history on KM (for instance, Polanyi, Nonaki), basics on tacit and explicit dimensions, terminology: knowledge sharing, transfer, creation, knowledge sharing networks/CoPs, and knowledge mapping,..but I just don't want to get too deep since this is a beginners course.  I will be doing videos for it with pdf transcripts. I would also like to highlight some of the more experienced people in KM in video interviews for this course.

  • I haven't decided on how many modules I will have, but what do you consider are the most essential ideas beginning KM professionals may be looking for to do their jobs?
  • What concepts for beginners would best help them get set up for success?
Thank you for any and all feedback!

Regards,
Cindy

Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSSMBB, CMQ/OE
CJ Young Consulting https://www.cjyoungconsulting.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/drcindyyoung/ 



--
----------------------------------------------
Regards,
Krishna Prasad Paudel
Skype: paudel_k, Twitter: twitter.com/paudel05


Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

Cindy Young
 

Thank you, Krishna!

Regards,
Cindy

On May 26, 2020, at 9:01 AM, Paudel <kpaudel.np@...> wrote:


Dear Cindy,

Best of luck. The contextual materials and case study are more important.

Best,
Krishna



On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 2:14 AM Cindy Young <cjbutler97@...> wrote:
Hello!  I am creating an online KM course for beginning professionals on their KM journeys.

I am starting it off with some history on KM (for instance, Polanyi, Nonaki), basics on tacit and explicit dimensions, terminology: knowledge sharing, transfer, creation, knowledge sharing networks/CoPs, and knowledge mapping,..but I just don't want to get too deep since this is a beginners course.  I will be doing videos for it with pdf transcripts. I would also like to highlight some of the more experienced people in KM in video interviews for this course.

  • I haven't decided on how many modules I will have, but what do you consider are the most essential ideas beginning KM professionals may be looking for to do their jobs?
  • What concepts for beginners would best help them get set up for success?
Thank you for any and all feedback!

Regards,
Cindy

Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSSMBB, CMQ/OE
CJ Young Consulting https://www.cjyoungconsulting.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/drcindyyoung/ 



--
----------------------------------------------
Regards,
Krishna Prasad Paudel
Skype: paudel_k, Twitter: twitter.com/paudel05


Re: Creating Online KM Course - Requesting Input #KM101 #learning

Paudel
 

Dear Cindy,

Best of luck. The contextual materials and case study are more important.

Best,
Krishna



On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 2:14 AM Cindy Young <cjbutler97@...> wrote:
Hello!  I am creating an online KM course for beginning professionals on their KM journeys.

I am starting it off with some history on KM (for instance, Polanyi, Nonaki), basics on tacit and explicit dimensions, terminology: knowledge sharing, transfer, creation, knowledge sharing networks/CoPs, and knowledge mapping,..but I just don't want to get too deep since this is a beginners course.  I will be doing videos for it with pdf transcripts. I would also like to highlight some of the more experienced people in KM in video interviews for this course.

  • I haven't decided on how many modules I will have, but what do you consider are the most essential ideas beginning KM professionals may be looking for to do their jobs?
  • What concepts for beginners would best help them get set up for success?
Thank you for any and all feedback!

Regards,
Cindy

Dr. Cindy Young, PMP, LSSMBB, CMQ/OE
CJ Young Consulting https://www.cjyoungconsulting.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/drcindyyoung/ 



--
----------------------------------------------
Regards,
Krishna Prasad Paudel
Skype: paudel_k, Twitter: twitter.com/paudel05

2261 - 2280 of 9905