April 2006 SIKM Call: Bill Ives - What blogs and wikis bring to business and knowledge management #monthly-call #wikis #blogs

Garfield, Stan <stanley.garfield@...>

Edited

Today we held our 11th monthly call.  Here is a summary.

Attendees

1.      Lynn Busby, IBM
2.      Raj Datta, MindTree
3.      Seth Earley
4.      Stan Garfield, HP
5.      Andrew Gent, HP
6.      Bill Ives
7.      Bill Kaplan, Acquisition Solutions
8.      Bruce Karney, Marsh
9.      Mark May, IBM
10.     Mark Neff, CSC
11.     Sarah Oldrin, Solvay
12.     Giovanni Piazza, Ernst & Young
13.     Eve Porter-Zuckerman, Isaacson, Miller
14.     Crystal Prince, EDS
15.     Chris Riemer, Knowledge Street
16.     Paul Rehmet, Unisys
17.     Reed Stuedemann, Caterpillar
18.     Carol Tucker, EagleBank
19.     Rick Wallace, SAIC
20.     Peter West, Continuous Innovation

Bill Ives presented "What blogs and wikis bring to business and knowledge management."  His presentation is available at Bill Ives.pdf

Thanks to those of you who were on the call.  I will send out a reminder for future calls on the business day prior to the call.

Following is a message from Bill:

-----Original Message-----
iveswilliam@...
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006
To: Garfield, Stan
Subject: RE: April 18 Call

I enjoyed the conversation. Let me know if there is anything else I can do and I am certainly open to follow-on questions from anyone in the group.

Bill

Future Calls

·       May 16: Kent Greenes - "Making learning & performing routine"
·       June 20: Jack Vinson - "Knowledge communities, community building, and blogging"
·       July 18: Sanjay Swarup - "Seven Strategies for Maximizing the value of Knowledge Sharing"
·       August 15: Brian Gorman - "Virtual Collaboration in the Global Enterprise at Intel"
·       September 19: Steve Denning - "Leadership, Innovation, and Business Narrative"
·       October 17: Michael Koffman - "How to leverage public education by means of a collaboration strategy"
·       November 21: Peter West - "Nurturing Trust - Leveraging Knowledge"
·       December 19: Patti Anklam - "Models for creating different types of networks, inside and outside of organizations"

Carol H. Tucker