Community Development Conference #CoP #conferences #survey

Marilyn L. Perry, Ph.D. <marilyn.perry@...>

Hi,
We are planning an internal Community Development Conference. EDS has
over a 100 communities in various states of operation. In preparation
for the conference we will survey our community leaders to determine
what they want in a conference. The survey will give us information to
use in planning conference activities. The survey will also help
community leaders recognize the value of communities to the corporation.

I would like your input on questions to ask our community leaders in
preparation for our conference.

Thanks,
Marilyn L. Perry

nirmala.palaniappan@...

Some simple thoughts that occur to my mind…...the answers to these queries might help understand how to develop the communities and thus would help in defining the conference agenda. You may have already thought of these but I, nevertheless, decided to jot them down and send it across so someone would add to the list…

-         What is the best thing that has ever happened to/in your community?

-         What is the one thing that you’d want to change in your community?

-         Which of the other communities in EDS do you think are related to what your community deals with?

-         What is the vision/what are the goals of your community for the next 6 months?

-         What are the resources that your community currently works with and what are those that you are looking to get in the near future?

-         What have been your goals so far and how many of it has your community been able to achieve/not achieve and why?

Thanks and Regards

Nirmala

http://nirmala-km.blogspot.com

Anthony De Mello: "Problems exist only in the human mind"

We are planning an internal Community Development Conference. EDS has
over a 100 communities in various states of operation. In preparation
for the conference we will survey our community leaders to determine
what they want in a conference. The survey will give us information to
use in planning conference activities. The survey will also help
community leaders recognize the value of communities to the corporation.

I would like your input on questions to ask our community leaders in
preparation for our conference.

Thanks,
Marilyn L. Perry

Sathya Pandalai <spandalai@...>

Marilyn, here are few more thoughts.

1) What was the contribution of your community towards innovative products or service offerings? This could be difficult to answer, but underneath every offering there are definite contributions which often does not get noticed and tracked.
2) Has the community helped people in achieving their personal goals, in terms of knowledge/credential gain, which can then be used within the organization.
3) How does your community network with other communities, within EDS, to develop cross pollination of knowledge and skills?

Sathya

nirmala.palaniappan@... wrote:
[...]

Matt Moore <laalgadger@...>

Marilyn,

Another twist on Nirmala's:
- What do you think your community does well?
- What would you like to do better?

At the conference, you might ask people to rate
themselves 1-5 on several criteria based on the
answers from this question (member engagement, use of
technology, innovation???) and then get them to
compare results & discuss different approaches. Ask
them to give examples for what they do well.

- (& tricky one) How would EDS (or, for individuals,
your role) be affected if your community stopped
tomorrow?

We are currently doing a small project around "value
of communities" involving interviews and this question
focuses people's minds. The usual answer goes: "Well,
life would go on but..." and useful stuff comes out.

Matt

________________________________

We are planning an internal Community Development
Conference. EDS has
over a 100 communities in various states of
operation. In preparation
for the conference we will survey our community
leaders to determine
what they want in a conference. The survey will give
us information to
use in planning conference activities. The survey
will also help
community leaders recognize the value of communities
to the corporation.

I would like your input on questions to ask our
community leaders in
preparation for our conference.

Thanks,
Marilyn L. Perry

Valdis Krebs <valdis@...>

You might consider that each community has to bring a draft network map of itself to the conference -- both internal and external links. Then they add to/update the maps during the conference and use them as introductions on "who we are" and "what we do". You might find some interesting intersections amongst the communities as well as some gaps and some bridges. Group leadership[emergent] may also be apparent.

Valdis Krebs
http://www.orgnet.com

We are planning an internal Community Development Conference. EDS has
over a 100 communities in various states of operation. In preparation
for the conference we will survey our community leaders to determine
what they want in a conference. The survey will give us information to
use in planning conference activities. The survey will also help
community leaders recognize the value of communities to the corporation.

Stan Garfield

Here are additional suggestions.