September 2007 SIKM Call: Patrick Lambe of Straits Knowledge - The Kingdom of Taxonomy #monthly-call #taxonomy

Patrick Lambe

Hi folks

This month's topic is "The Kingdom of Taxonomy" - as I can only attend the conference call for 30 minutes or so (it will be late at night here), I have prepared the slides in a video presentation in advance (in two parts) and posted them at http://tinyurl.com/2utcmv. If you'd like to download the video files, you can do so via my show page at http://plambe.blip.tv

On the call I'll give a brief outline of what Straits Knowledge does, and talk about my book, Organising Knowledge. For those who've seen the videos by then I'm happy to answer questions, and we can continue the discussion via the list serve after that.

Looking forward to it!

Patrick

TO: SIKM Leaders Community

Today we held our 28th monthly call.  Here is a summary.

Attendees

  1. Tac Anderson
  2. Bernadette Boas
  3. Jim Coogan
  4. Raj Datta
  5. Christian De Neef
  6. Stan Garfield
  7. Andrew Gent
  8. Marti Heyman
  9. Linda Hummel
  10. Gian Jagai
  11. Mike Koffman
  12. Patrick Lambe
  13. Doug Madgic
  14. John McQuary
  15. Mark Neff
  16. Grace Pennington (of ManTech International)
  17. Eve Porter-Zuckerman
  18. Crystal Prince
  19. Chris Purcell
  20. Chris Riemer
  21. Corinna Snyder
  22. Sanjay Swarup

The call featured Patrick Lambe of Straits Knowledge on "The Kingdom of Taxonomy."  His videos are available at http://tinyurl.com/2utcmv - I recommend that you view them and post your questions by replying here so that Patrick can respond.

The call was recorded - it's noisy, but Patrick can be heard fairly well.  Thanks to Patrick for recording the videos, answering questions on the call today, and engaging in threaded discussion in the community forum.

Comment from Wout Steurs: "I did watch the video yesterday and I found it very interesting."

Future Calls

  • October 16, 2007: Kate Pugh of Intel - "Knowledge Harvesting"
  • November 20, 2007: Christian De Neef - "Hiding KM for success"
  • December 18, 2007: Stephanie Barnes - "ITIL and KM"
  • January 15, 2008: Kent Greenes - "Facilitated best practice transfer"
  • February 19, 2008: Marilyn Perry of EDS - Discussion on Motivating Leaders to Collaborate
  • March 18, 2008: John McQuary of Fluor - "Results from the Knowvember Campaign"
  • April 15, 2008: Jim Coogan of Boeing - "KM at Boeing"
  • May 20, 2008: Stacie Jordan of Accenture - "Collaboration efforts at Accenture"
  • June 17, 2008: Barry Dayton of 3M - "KM at 3M"
  • July 15, 2008:  Steve Wieneke of GM - "Knowing What to Know"

Patrick Lambe

Thanks to those of you who took part in the call yesterday, especially for the really great questions. For anyone who's seen the video presentation and wants to ask further questions where something wasn't too clear, or you want to challenge something, or have an alternate perspective or a practical question to resolve... I'm happy to respond!

Best

Patrick

On 19 Sep 2007, at 1:09 AM, Stan Garfield wrote:

TO: SIKM Leaders Community

Today we held our 26th monthly call.  Here is a summary.

The call featured Patrick Lambe of Straits Knowledge on "The Kingdom of Taxonomy."  His videos are available at http://tinyurl.com/2utcmv - I recommend that you view them and post your questions to the Yahoo! Group so that Patrick can respond.

The call was recorded and can be listened to athttp://www.divshare.com/download/2020071-492 - it's noisy, but Patrick can be heard fairly well.  Thanks to Patrick for recording the videos, answering questions on the call today, and engaging in threaded discussion in the community forum.

Comment from Wout Steurs: "I did watch the video yesterday and I found it very interesting."

Future Calls

  • October 16, 2007: Kate Pugh of Intel - "Knowledge Harvesting"
  • November 20, 2007: Christian De Neef - "Hiding KM for success"
  • December 18, 2007: Stephanie Barnes - "ITIL and KM"
  • January 15, 2008: Kent Greenes - "Facilitated best practice transfer"
  • February 19, 2008: Marilyn Perry of EDS - Discussion on Motivating Leaders to Collaborate
  • March 18, 2008: John McQuary of Fluor - "Results from the Knowvember Campaign"
  • April 15, 2008: Jim Coogan of Boeing - "KM at Boeing"
  • May 20, 2008: Stacie Jordan of Accenture - "Collaboration efforts at Accenture"
  • June 17, 2008: Barry Dayton of 3M - "KM at 3M"
  • July 15, 2008:  Steve Wieneke of GM - "Knowing What to Know"

If you are willing to give a presentation on a future call, please send a note tostanley.garfield@hp.com with the topic and the desired month.

Regards,

Stan