November 2007 SIKM Call: Christian De Neef and Ives De Saeger - Knowledge & Innovation Management #monthly-call #innovation

Peter West

During yesterday's conference call, someone made reference to an
Austin-based organization but couldn't remember the name of the
company or its founder ... here they are ...

CycCorp - http://www.cyc.com/
"Cycorp's vision is to create the world's first true artificial
intelligence, having both common sense and the ability to reason with
it."

The founder and CEO is Doug Lenat.

Best regards,
Peter West

cvs2354 <chuck.stewart@...>

Edited

This was an excellent and thought provoking presentation, thanks to
Christian and Ives for their time and efforts. A lingering concern
I have is the quality of the KM needed to support TRIZ/innovation
efforts. I wonder if an internal KM program is ever 'good enough'
to get the results demanded from innovation today? This is likely
the power of using the Goldfire software verbally referenced in the
presentation, but following the connection that Christian and Ives
have suggested between TRIZ/Process innovation and KM, the quality
of our innovation seems to be strongly linked to the quality of the
KM being connected to. Therefore, I think I'll be telling Management
there is still no "free lunch"; we need to build a strong, internal
KM for future success. Any other thoughts?

TO: SIKM Leaders Community

Today we held our 30th monthly call.  Here is a summary.

Attendees

  1. Raul Abril
  2. Tom Barfield
  3. Stephanie Barnes
  4. Murray Clark
  5. Jim Coogan
  6. Raj Datta
  7. Christian De Neef
  8. Ives De Saeger
  9. Bill Dixon
  10. Marcus Funke
  11. Stan Garfield
  12. Kent Greenes
  13. Emily Hoelting
  14. Linda Hummel
  15. Gian Jagai
  16. Bill Kaplan
  17. Karen Lyons (of Acquisition Solutions)
  18. Doug Madgic
  19. John McQuary
  20. Mark Neff
  21. Suzanne Nobile (of Fidelity)
  22. Grace Pennington
  23. Crystal Prince
  24. John Smith
  25. Wout Steurs
  26. Chuck Stewart
  27. Sanjay Swarup
  28. Peter West

The call featured Christian De Neef and Ives De Saeger on "Knowledge & Innovation Management."  Their presentation is available at SIKM.20071118.ppt

The call was recorded.  Thanks to Christian and Ives for their excellent presentation.  You can continue the discussion by replying to this thread or starting a new one (e.g., "How to use KM to stimulate innovation").

Future Calls

  • December 18, 2007: Stephanie Barnes - "ITIL and KM"
  • January 15, 2008: Kent Greenes - "Facilitated best practice transfer"
  • February 19, 2008: Marilyn Perry of EDS - Discussion on Motivating Leaders to Collaborate
  • March 18, 2008: John McQuary of Fluor - "Results from the Knowvember Campaign"
  • April 15, 2008: Jim Coogan of Boeing - "KM at Boeing"
  • May 20, 2008: Stacie Jordan of Accenture - "Collaboration efforts at Accenture"
  • June 17, 2008: Barry Dayton of 3M - "KM at 3M"
  • July 15, 2008:  Steve Wieneke of GM - "Knowing What to Know"
  • August 19, 2008: Bernadette Boas of Teradata - "Day in the Life Business Workflow"