From: sikmleaders@... [mailto:sikmleaders@...] On Behalf Of Stan Garfield
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 2:05 PM
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: [sikmleaders] New Position

Thanks to all of the SIKM Leaders Community members who have expressed interest in my job search. I greatly appreciate all of the support.

I have accepted the position with PriceWaterhouse Coopers starting August 18.  I will be part of the Retail & Consumer industries leadership team as the KM lead.  I will relocate to Tampa in January.

If you are currently seeking a new position, please let me know.  I will be glad to share information on other openings.

Regards,
Stan
http://stangarfield.googlepages.com/

Clark, Murray (TSG Presales) <murray.clark@...>

Hi Stan, congratulations!! Wow, Tampa sounds great. you'll have to keep me up to date on your new job. thanks Murray

Thanks to all of the SIKM Leaders Community members who have expressed interest in my job search. I greatly appreciate all of the support.

I have accepted the position with PriceWaterhouse Coopers starting August 18.  I will be part of the Retail & Consumer industries leadership team as the KM lead.  I will relocate to Tampa in January.

If you are currently seeking a new position, please let me know.  I will be glad to share information on other openings.

Regards,
Stan
http://stangarfield.googlepages.com/

Valdis Krebs <valdis@...>

Congrats Stan!

You picked a good month to move OUT of Detroit!

Valdis

On Jul 18, 2008, at 4:05 PM, Stan Garfield wrote:

Thanks to all of the SIKM Leaders Community members who have expressed interest in my job search. I greatly appreciate all of the support.

I have accepted the position with PriceWaterhouse Coopers starting August 18. I will be part of the Retail & Consumer industries leadership team as the KM lead. I will relocate to Tampa in January.

If you are currently seeking a new position, please let me know. I will be glad to share information on other openings.

Regards,
Stan
http://stangarfield.googlepages.com/

Bill DiPaola <dipaola@...>

Hi Stan,

First off, congrats on your new job.

I'm also looking for a new role, and would like to get back into KM. I was doing KM at Lotus a few years ago, but have since oved on to a new comapny and role. I'm currently serving as an Account Manager/Project Manager, but as I mentioned I'd like to find a role working in KM.

Might you be able to help me with y job search?

Would you like a copy of my resume?

Thanks in advance,

-Bill

Thanks to all of the SIKM Leaders Community members who have expressed interest in my job search. I greatly appreciate all of the support.

I have accepted the position with PriceWaterhouse Coopers starting August 18.  I will be part of the Retail & Consumer industries leadership team as the KM lead.  I will relocate to Tampa in January.

If you are currently seeking a new position, please let me know.  I will be glad to share information on other openings.

Regards,
Stan
http://stangarfield.googlepages.com/

Lynn Busby <lbusby@...>

super - glad to hear it!

Lynn Busby, Program Manager, STG Technical Communities of
Interest
e-Mail/sametime: lbusby@us.ibm.com
IBM Building 301-2E, 325 McDonnell Blvd, St. Louis, MO,
63042
Phone: 314 414 9872 Tie Line: 364-0150

STG Technical
Communities

Innovation is
the creative
side of
collaboration.
Collaboration
is built on
trust.   Trust
is built on
relationships.
Relationships
are built by
getting to
know others.

From: "Stan Garfield" <stangarfield@gmail.com>

To: sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com

Date: 07/18/2008 04:07 PM

Thanks to all of the SIKM Leaders Community members who have expressed interest in
my job search. I greatly appreciate all of the support.

I have accepted the position with PriceWaterhouse Coopers starting August 18. I
will be part of the Retail & Consumer industries leadership team as the KM lead.
I will relocate to Tampa in January.

If you are currently seeking a new position, please let me know. I will be glad
to share information on other openings.

Regards,
Stan
http://stangarfield.googlepages.com/

Alice MacGillivray <alice@...>

Congratulations Stan. It will be a stimulating change for you. It sounds as if you are moving into a shop where your expertise is appreciated and where you can shape the evolution of knowledge work and your role in it. Be sure to send virtual postcards!

Alice

Lucas McDonnell

Great to hear that you'll be joining our US PwC colleagues Stan! Best
of luck in Tampa (I'm there occasionally, and it would great to meet
up some time)!

All the best,

Luke
http://lucasmcdonnell.com
/ knowledge connects people.

--
Luke McDonnell | Knowledge Manager, Information Architecture |
Knowledge Management | PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP

On 7/18/08, Stan Garfield <stangarfield@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks to all of the SIKM Leaders Community members who have expressed
interest in my job search. I greatly appreciate all of the support.

I have accepted the position with PriceWaterhouse Coopers starting
August 18. I will be part of the Retail & Consumer industries
leadership team as the KM lead. I will relocate to Tampa in January.

If you are currently seeking a new position, please let me know. I will
be glad to share information on other openings.

Regards,
Stan
http://stangarfield.googlepages.com/
<http://stangarfield.googlepages.com/>

Michael Koffman

Congratulations, Stan.  I have several friends working at IBM/PWC in the Knowledge Consulting practice.  If that is a similar practice to yours in Tampa, you might connect some time with J. Thomas Gignac, One Rogers St. Cambridge MA 02142, tom.gignac@....  Tom is a Dartmouth College MBA and really one of the brightest KM people I know.  I should have invited him into your CoP a long time ago.  We are both former associates of Bill Ives when we all worked at Renaissance Solutions in the Boston area.

Best wishes,

Mike

To: sikmleaders@...
From: stangarfield@...
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 20:05:05 +0000

Thanks to all of the SIKM Leaders Community members who have expressed interest in my job search. I greatly appreciate all of the support.
I have accepted the position with PriceWaterhouse Coopers starting August 18.  I will be part of the Retail & Consumer industries leadership team as the KM lead.  I will relocate to Tampa in January.
If you are currently seeking a new position, please let me know.  I will be glad to share information on other openings.
Regards,
Stan
http://stangarfield.googlepages.com/

Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help protect your kids.

Yao Ge

Congratulations Stan. I hope we can still have your leadership in this forum. I am relatively new to this community but the learning experience has been extraordinary. Best of luck with your new position and hope to see in the community in the future.

-Yao

Thanks to all of the SIKM Leaders Community members who have expressed interest in my job search. I greatly appreciate all of the support.

I have accepted the position with PriceWaterhouse Coopers starting August 18.  I will be part of the Retail & Consumer industries leadership team as the KM lead.  I will relocate to Tampa in January.

If you are currently seeking a new position, please let me know.  I will be glad to share information on other openings.

Regards,
Stan
http://stangarfield.googlepages.com/

Peter West

Stan,

Congratulations on your new position.

You continue to be an exemplar for all of us. Others might have abandoned or suspended activities like the SIKM, but you forged ahead, creatively sourcing alternate teleconference services, not allowing circumstances to interfere. Your sharing and generous nature is further highlighted by your offer to help others that might be seeking new employment opportunities.

You have enriched my life and I am deeply grateful,
Peter

Arthur Shelley

Stan,

To add to the plethora of others wishes, Congratulations and good luck.

As I stated when your HP announcement was made, it won’t take long before you will be back in the workforce.  Good quality people don’t stay out of the workforce for long! (assuming they want to work)  I hope you will have sufficient time off to recharge the batteries.

Regards

Arthur Shelley
Author: The Organizational Zoo A Survival Guide to Workplace Behavior
www.organizationalzoo.com