My New Position #personal

Tom Short <tman9999@...>

Hello all - today marks my first week in my new job with Gartner
Consulting. We do technology and business strategy engagements that
leverage Gartner's world-class research and analysis to help clients
address strategic business issues. I'm aligned with our San Jose
office here in the Bay area, and will be focusing on developing new
business in our High Tech & Telecom Practice. There seems to be a lot
of interest around collaboration, innovation and general KM-related
themes, so I'm hoping that part of my background will be useful and
valued - we shall see.
best,
-Tom Short
tom.short@gartner.com
+1-916-414-2244

Valdis Krebs <valdis@...>

Tom,

Congrats on your new position!

Who are your key competitors? The strategy arms of IBM GS, Accenture, etc?

Valdis

On Aug 8, 2008, at 12:59 PM, Tom Short wrote:

Hello all - today marks my first week in my new job with Gartner
Consulting. We do technology and business strategy engagements that
leverage Gartner's world-class research and analysis to help clients
address strategic business issues. I'm aligned with our San Jose
office here in the Bay area, and will be focusing on developing new
business in our High Tech & Telecom Practice. There seems to be a lot
of interest around collaboration, innovation and general KM-related
themes, so I'm hoping that part of my background will be useful and
valued - we shall see.
best,
-Tom Short
tom.short@gartner.com
+1-916-414-2244

Matt Moore <laalgadger@...>

Tom,

Congrats on the new role! Someone really needs to give Gartner's coverage of collaborative software a kick in the pants - and I hope it's you. Forrester have the edge on you guys at the moment.

Cheers,

Matt

Tom Short <tman9999@...>

Thanks, Valdis. Re competitors, don't know yet. I think Gartner would
like to think no one :-) That's based on the business model of
coupling our benchmarking research and analyst research with our
client needs and consulting offerings. No one else - not even IBM or
the Big 4 - have that ability. And Consulting is still relatively
small at Gartner compared to the aforementioned firms - orders of
magnitude smaller. So it's going to be interesting to see how that all
plays out.

--- In sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com, Valdis Krebs <valdis@...> wrote:

Tom,

Congrats on your new position!

Who are your key competitors? The strategy arms of IBM GS, Accenture,
etc?

Valdis

Tom Short <tman9999@...>

Thanks for the tip, Matt. Will definitely be checking that out -
especially keeping in mind your feedback. Am curious to know more...
Tom

--- In sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com, Matt Moore <laalgadger@...> wrote:

Tom,

Congrats on the new role! Someone really needs to give Gartner's
coverage of collaborative software a kick in the pants - and I hope
it's you. Forrester have the edge on you guys at the moment.

Cheers,

Matt

Cornejo Castro, Miguel <miguel.cornejo@...>

Edited

Will be looking forward to what you do in that area, too :-).

Best regards,

Miguel