Graduate schools for KM? #learning

Patti Anklam <patti@...>

Hi,

I’d appreciate any information, suggestions, recommendations for universities (US and other) that offer PhDs in knowledge management.

Thanks,

/patti

Patti Anklam
Leveraging Context, Knowledge, and Networks

http://www.pattianklam.com
(978)456-4175

Net Work: A Practical Guide to Creating and Sustaining Networks at Work and in the World is now available at Amazon.com and other online booksellers.

Allan Crawford

Patti,

There are at least two master’s degree programs in the US.  One at Cal State Northridge – which is an online program. And one at Kent State.

I know that a couple of the Army guys that are now teaching at West Point did their PhD’s in KM at George Washington in DC. I think that the program was in the Engineering Department.   Kent Greenes is now involved with GW and may have more insights into what they have to offer.

Allan Crawford

310-994-1619

I’d appreciate any information, suggestions, recommendations for universities (US and other) that offer PhDs in knowledge management.

Thanks,

/patti

Patti Anklam
Leveraging Context, Knowledge, and Networks

http://www.pattianklam.com
(978)456-4175

Net Work: A Practical Guide to Creating and Sustaining Networks at Work and in the World is now available at Amazon.com and other online booksellers.

Stan Garfield

Patti,

See The Knowledge Management Education Wiki at http://knowledge-management-education.wikispaces.com/ and in our Member list in the Files folder under Universities.  We also have some members who are currently pursuing their degrees, and I invite them to reply with details.

Regards,
Stan

--- In sikmleaders@..., "Patti Anklam" wrote:

> I'd appreciate any information, suggestions, recommendations for
> universities (US and other) that offer PhDs in knowledge management.

Steve Denning

Bill Dixon

Hello Patti,

Walden University offers a PhD in Applied Management and Decisions Sciences with an option for an emphasis in KM.

I will presenting a subset of my dissertation from that program at the World Congress on Computing next month.  My personal web page has background information and a link to the book chapter I'll be discussing.
http://home.comcast.net/~wm_dixon/.  Besides looking forward to the trip to Milan, I am looking forward to exploring the feasiblity of applying the research methodology and conclusions outside the US.  I got some very intriguing feedback during the peer-review process.

Regards,

Bill Dixon

I’d appreciate any information, suggestions, recommendations for universities (US and other) that offer PhDs in knowledge management.

Thanks,

/patti

Patti Anklam
Leveraging Context, Knowledge, and Networks

http://www.pattianklam.com
(978)456-4175

Net Work: A Practical Guide to Creating and Sustaining Networks at Work and in the World is now available at Amazon.com and other online booksellers.

Arthur Shelley

Patti,

We include KM as one of the 12 courses in our MBA program at RMIT University (Melbourne Australia).  RMIT also facilitates PhD and Doctorate programs in Project management and several of the candidates have had a strong Knowledge management emphasis in them.

Andre Saito is probably your best contact.  He was completing a PhD at the Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology on post graduate KM courses, 4 of them PhD and 40 masters level courses.  He summarised postgraduate courses and classified the courses into themes of Strategy, Information, Human and Computing.  I have not been on contact for about 18 months, but his email at the time was

asaito@...

Another interesting experiment about to start is an on-line collaborative “KM course” facilitated by George Siemens at the University of Manitoba. See:  http://ltc.umanitoba.ca/connectivism/

Sounds like you are doing some interesting research, is it part of a larger program or just personal interests?

Regards

Arthur Shelley
Author: The Organizational Zoo A Survival Guide to Workplace Behavior
www.organizationalzoo.com
Ph +61 413 047 408

I’d appreciate any information, suggestions, recommendations for universities (US and other) that offer PhDs in knowledge management.

Thanks,

/patti

Patti Anklam
Leveraging Context, Knowledge, and Networks

http://www.pattianklam.com
(978)456-4175

Net Work: A Practical Guide to Creating and Sustaining Networks at Work and in the World is now available at Amazon.com and other online booksellers.

alicemacgillivray <alice@...>

Several years ago, Michael Sutton compiled a report of about 30 pages
about graduate programs in KM. I know it is out of date, but he may be
willing to share it; I know you are both on LinkedIn.

I am in the final stages of a PhD program at Fielding Graduate
University in a concentration they call "Information Society and
Knowledge Organizations." There is enough flexibility to make that any
variation on KM that would interest a scholar practitioner. Alex
Bennet and Juanita Brown are two of the graduates.

--- In sikmleaders@..., "Stan Garfield" <stangarfield@...>
wrote:

Patti,

See The Knowledge Management Education Wiki at
http://knowledge-management-education.wikispaces.com/
<http://knowledge-management-education.wikispaces.com/> and in our
Member list
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sikmleaders/files/Community%20of%20Consul\;
ting%20%20SI%20KM%20Leaders%20%20-%20Member%20List.doc> in the Files