Date 1 - 1 of 1
Open Position #jobs
|1 - 1 of 1|
I am looking for a Search Expert (Search as in Search Engine, not Executive Recruitment.....).
I do not need a techie, but a strong Program Manager, with a high degree of expertise in Search Engines and in all the business and Information Management functions that are necessary to get a SE to perform at its best in the enterprise environment.
Cleveland or Boston are preferred locations, but - as they say - in the presence of the right candidate i can be flexible.
A detailed job description is below, as well as my contact information.
Feel free to circulate, and thanks a million for any lead (sorry, no finder fee, but the next time we get together, drinks are on me....)
Search Engine Program Manager
Summary: The Search Engine Program Manager is responsible for all business aspects of the Ernst & Young Intranet Search Engine, including evaluating search engine effectiveness and user search experience, identifying means to improve search engine effectiveness, and implementing ongoing improvement plans, with the goal of optimizing users' search experience. Search is embedded in a variety of tools and applications, as well as in Ernst & Young's internal home page. The SEPM will work closely with other members of the knowledge team, including the User Experience Program and Taxonomy Program; Global Information Technology, including the search engine technical team; and business stakeholders, to articulate requirements, prioritize releases, and manage user and stakeholder expectations.
· Develops an ongoing program of search engine improvement:
· Works with other knowledge team members and information technology to define requirements for search engine releases
· Defines processes and standards for incorporating new content into the search engine
· Defines, implements, maintains and improves search engine features such as Best Bets, synonyms, advanced query guidance, thesaurus, etc.
· Implements ongoing relevancy testing and improvement program
· Works with information technology team to continuously improve search engine performance
· Works with knowledge team members globally to test and improve search engine effectiveness in a variety of languages and content types
· Collaborates with User Experience Program on periodic usability evaluations of the search engine
· Reviews user feedback, stakeholder input, log file analysis, and other inputs to formulate plans for continuous search engine improvement
· Identifies metrics for ongoing measurement and evaluation of search engine effectiveness
Knowledge and skill requirements:
· excellent written and verbal communications skills
· strong presentation skills
· strong analytical skills
· the ability to complete multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· the ability to interface with all levels of management and organize/manage virtual work teams
· an understanding of teaming with culturally diverse business groups and the ability to influence diverse technical teams
· proficiency in MS Office; Lotus Notes preferred
· project management skills
· Master's degree preferred (for example, business, library science, or computer science).
· 5-10 years experience in knowledge management or information management, with significant experience in search engine product management
· Experience working with Autonomy's IDOL search engine highly desired
· Project management experience
· Experience working in professional services industry desirable
· This position may require some travel.
Any U.S. tax advice contained in the body of this e-mail was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by the recipient for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
Notice required by law: This e-mail may constitute an advertisement or solicitation under U.S. law, if its primary purpose is to advertise or promote a commercial product or service. You may choose not to receive advertising and promotional messages from Ernst & Young LLP (except for Ernst & Young Online and the ey.com website, which track e-mail preferences through a separate process) at this e-mail address by forwarding this message to no-more-mail@.... If you do so, the sender of this message will be notified promptly. Our principal postal address is 5 Times Square, New York, NY 10036. Thank you. Ernst & Young LLP
|1 - 1 of 1|